Topic: Stage 9 on Neverball Easy Must Be Overhauled

On a stage that's supposed to be easy, relaxed, and player-friendly, all these moving bumpers are the complete opposite of how a stage should be presented towards a novice player, especially for an easy pack. With how slow the ball moves on a tilt and how the bumpers don't really stop for at least a good second before moving again, stage nine was not designed with replayability or player friendliness in mind, but all other stages are really nice to play.

It took me (I counted) thirteen tries to get through stage nine by collecting all the coins. With too many of these moving bumpers being placed in a confined, cramped space, it was annoying trying to get this done.
I lost three balls to challenge mode in this stage too, and I was surprised that I lost absolutely none in the other stages.

A. What should happen to this stage in a future update so this level can be greatly designed by putting the player in mind first rather than making a stage annoying:
   1. 75% of the bumpers should be removed.
   2. The stage borders should be expanded.
   3. The bumpers should stop for two seconds, not 0.75 seconds.
   4. There should not be any bumpers in the corners moving around.

Putting these bumpers as they are does not make the stage fun and challenging, but rather makes it annoying and frustrating for the player to complete, especially if they are completionists. Suggest these ideas be implemented into stage 09 in the Neverball easy packet for the reasons listed above.

I also see the forum isn't used/updated a whole lot, and the last update was in 2017. I don't know if this will happen but I hope it does, and ranting helps me stay calm in the real world while giving a piece of my mind.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 811

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 814

2 (edited by KodeBreaker 2021-05-15 14:53:21)

Re: Stage 9 on Neverball Easy Must Be Overhauled

This level definitely can be annoying to new players. But I think a better idea would be swapping level 09 with level 17 in the easy set. I don't think the level itself should be changed because it's a good level for players to practice coordination and timing in the game. In my opinion, it would be a better idea to put the level later in the set.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 756

3 (edited by dtb 2021-05-17 21:33:37)

Re: Stage 9 on Neverball Easy Must Be Overhauled

KodeBreaker wrote:

...I don't think the level itself should be changed because it's a good level for players to practice coordination and timing in the game....

Exactly, this level is all about timing. If the bumpers stopped for 2 secs (as suggested) the learning curve for precise timing of your actions would become (or stay) a flat line. Though I have to admit that Jiquor is right: the movement definitely IS surprisingly fast for a level at this stage, making it the hardest easy-level and the most annoying by far. Perhaps 1 sec would be fair and could already make a difference.

But apart from the speed of the bumpers ...keep in mind here that trying to get all coins in any level can make even an easy level turn into a hard one. Getting all coins in Lollipop (II) for example is pretty tough as well.

Swapping this level with another would also be a good idea as KodeBreaker indicated. To me easy/wakka (Bonus IV) always felt like it would make the perfect ending for this set (instead of the now official level 20) and level 9 would fit in well as new Bonus IV, naturally followed by "mazebump" (Bonus V) of similar difficulty and also including bumpers.

Cheers

dtb