Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/neverfo4/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 811

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/neverfo4/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 814

Topic: I just noticed something down-right weird...

So I was just playing around with the various ways you can put NetRadiant field values outside of their normal range (e.g. negative radius). I put 2 into the "state" field of an info_camp and it turned pale blue, the color of teleporters. Then 3 was an orangeish yellow I assumed was the goal. After that I put in 42 (why not?) and... cyan?
    So I then proceeded to try every single number up to 42. Then I tried a big number (six digits) and... the game just crashed on startup. So I tried more numbers to find where the cutoff was, which was the strange number 1480 (and not, say, 256 or 32768 like I expected). Along the way I saw 1400 was black. Every other number I tried in that range was either invisible or crashed the game. With negatives, it crashed at -6456 and worked at -6455.

What is going ON here?!

Full List (at least what I found)

I excluded numbers made the switch invisible. The "red" and "green" were much more opaque than a normal switch was even in its "ball-inside-please-exit" state. The "blue" of 13 was #0000ff or something very similar and NOT the teleporter blue of 2.

• 2=teleport-blue

• 3=goal?

• 4=invisible

• 5=black

• 6=white

• 7=magenta

• 8=white

• 9=cyan

• 10=white

• 11=red

• 13=blue

• 15=cyan

• 24=white

• 25=magenta

• 26=white

• 27=red

• 28=yellow

• 35=white

• 36=white

• 37=cyan

• 38=yellow

• 39=green

• 40=white

• 41=white

• 42=cyan

• 1400=black (!)

http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?pid=34398  <<< My First Set

Second set progress: 6 near complete, 5 in progress

Re: I just noticed something down-right weird...

You must have found an out-of-bounds bug. info_camp is a switch, I think? The code uses the state value to obtain a color for the switch, but reads past the end of the color array. Essentially, you can get random colors that way. I'm guessing these values you found have different colors in different maps.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/neverfo4/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 811

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/neverfo4/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 814

This was really fun to experiment. I actually got some different results from you.

5 & 9 was invisible for me.
6 gave me bright yellow. Brighter than the goal.
7 & 8 gave me white.

Couldn't get complete blue nor black

Seeing cyan and magenta were really cool to see.

Download my levels here: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=3147
Progress: One Level Left!

Neat, but don't ever do that in actual levels, because depending on the compiler and how happy your operating system is feeling on a given day, out of bounds array accesses can and will cause the game to crash.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/neverfo4/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 756

Moderator's note: there is no Neverball 2.0. Don't click random links.

camthesaxman wrote:

Neat, but don't ever do that in actual levels, because depending on the compiler and how happy your operating system is feeling on a given day, out of bounds array accesses can and will cause the game to crash.

PennySchloss wrote:

After a tons of updates, we finally hit version 2.0!
Grab Neverball 2.0 on your game!:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UMcHvG … sp=sharing

In Neverball, there is a lot of updates, which became version 2.0. Please recompile the map to it's newer solid version.
In addition, they have to record your replays with the new version.

Made with Microsoft Visual Studio 2019
Made with Msys2 for Windows 10