Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 811

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 814

Topic: how to exert yourself: another part of overcoming laziness

hey guys

for a week or two now, i have been trying to look online for things about how to exert yourself. the sources i have been reading are the google definitions of certain words such as "work", "exertion", "effort", "task", etc. and articles on wikihow about overcoming laziness, staying focused, etc. Also, i have looked up words such as work and exertion in a real life dictionary. In the articles, i have found little to nothing about the process itself of making yourself expend more physical or mental energy when doing a task. i have mainly found things about overcoming laziness in getting around to doing things, about filling yourself with more energy, about ways to sustain your motivation, about the intervals at which you should take a break, and about how long the breaks should be. when i tried searching "how to exert yourself - wikihow" in google, i only got results for irrelevant guides. some of these irrelevant guides had nothing to do with overcoming laziness or filling yourself with more energy. in the last ~2 years, i have usually been able to overcome my laziness in getting around to doing things. what i am interested in in this thread mainly is the act itself of causing yourself to exert more mental energy in completing a task. although exerting yourself physically is not my main interest in this thread, things about exerting yourself physically would be good to know too.

even if you are thinking that exerting more energy in completing a task is a basic, inexplicable thing that is obvious to know how to do, one reason that i think a how-to guide on the act itself of exerting yourself would be a good thing is that i think one would be a good compliment to the guides online about overcoming laziness in getting around to doing things and the guides that help you exert more energy but do not have anything on the act of exerting yourself, such as the guides on wikihow about filling yourself with more energy and sustaining your motivation. another reason that i think a guide on how to exert yourself would be a good thing is that it would be another guide on overcoming a form of laziness. i think overcoming laziness is a great thing because it allows you to really accomplish things in your life instead of spending a lot of time sort of getting things done and only sometimes getting around to doing things.

in this thread, i might decide to post things i think of about exerting yourself. if so, i would post them randomly or as a guide. my main reason for this post today is to show a poem i thought of, which is at the bottom of this post. also, if you have anything about how to perform the act itself of exerting more energy mentally and/or physically, you can say it in this thread.

this poem is a reminder of how you should feel when you are genuinely exerting yourself physically or mentally in carrying out a task.
    Work is hard
    Work is tough
    Don't relax
    Feel taxed.

ps two examples of ways of filling yourself with more energy that i found on wikihow are exercising and immediately jumping out of bed when you wake up instead of hitting the snooze button. although i have not jumped out of bed, i think getting out of bed with as much celerity as possible when i wake up or when the alarm clock rings has helped me have more energy throughout the day.

It the it's level set: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2922
6/19/17: a bit of help needed here, plz: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2988
avatar drawn with ANVIL-1000MD (c) and scaled down with GIMP
にほんご べんきょう する。 (i am studying japanese)

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 756

Re: how to exert yourself: another part of overcoming laziness

It the it wrote:

...exercising and immediately jumping out of bed when you wake up instead of hitting the snooze button...

100 % agree here.

Now I'm 44 and I feel like new energy has to be generated on my own and I have to motivate myself doing things (and getting things done ;-) in every possible way - it simply doesn't come from within anymore like in the early days.

Keep on jumpin (out of bed) and pumpin...

Cheers

dtb