1 (edited by general123 2019-09-09 08:54:21)

Topic: Neverputt 1.6.0 on Ubuntu

Hi  I'm new to Ubunto and have just downloaded Neverputt from their games repository.  I like the game but it does not save the settings (resolution)  which is frustrating.  It creates a neverballrc file, which is obviously the settings, along with neverputt.log but places them in the ~ directory, which it can't find on subsequent starts.  Is there anything I can do to correct this? Cheers.

2

Re: Neverputt 1.6.0 on Ubuntu

What's the full path of the files that you found? They should be under ~/.neverball/.

Any chance you can provide us with strace output?

3

Re: Neverputt 1.6.0 on Ubuntu

parasti wrote:

What's the full path of the files that you found? They should be under ~/.neverball/.

Any chance you can provide us with strace output?

neverballrc and neverputt.log are in my home directory. There is another file  .neverball. Should that be a directory ??

How do I use strace? I've not come across that before.

Thanks.

4 (edited by general123 2019-09-11 13:30:21)

Re: Neverputt 1.6.0 on Ubuntu

general123 wrote:

neverballrc and neverputt.log are in my home directory. There is another file  .neverball. Should that be a directory ??

How do I use strace? I've not come across that before.

Thanks.

OK. What I did was delete the file .neverball in my home directory and created a folder with the same name.

I then moved  neverballrc and neverputt.log into that new folder.

Any new settings are now saved.

As I suggested, I guess this folder should be created on install, which it's not.

HTH Cheers.

5

Re: Neverputt 1.6.0 on Ubuntu

The .neverball folder is created during startup.

I have no idea how it could have possibly become a file.

Perhaps we should add a sanity check there.

6

Re: Neverputt 1.6.0 on Ubuntu

parasti wrote:

The .neverball folder is created during startup.

I have no idea how it could have possibly become a file.

Perhaps we should add a sanity check there.

Just to confirm, I removed neverputt  using the software tool and then any remaining files manually and installed afresh and again it installed the ,neverball folder as a file.

Perhaps it's a one-of, any way I'm happy now. Thanks.