Topic: Can anyone confirm working state of VR support?

Hello, I'm a long-time fan of Neverball, but a new user on the forums. It seems despite the recent addition of alleged VR support, VR isn't actually supported on my device (Oculus Rift consumer). Can anyone confirm that VR actually works for them? Because my copy of the game (despite HMD being enabled in-game, etc) doesn't interface with my Oculus at all, and the only support for this issue I've read about is "try compiling a version yourself with never stuff" which I'm completely incapable of. Can someone give me the tough message "yeah VR doesn't actually work on this game bro" or possibly tell me why I'm wrong for thinking so? I'm about to slam my effing keyboard through my monitor. I apologize for displaying such anger to a free forum for a free game with volunteer devs, but this issue makes me want to crush my computer to dust, because I was so excited to play these in VR and now I literally can't.

Thanks in advance for any help or information
-Adam

Re: Can anyone confirm working state of VR support?

VR support isn't a recent addition. It was added around 2013 and the latest Neverball release is from 2014.

The bundled Oculus SDK and OpenVR libraries are from that time period, as well.

This was before Oculus Rift DK2. That should give you some perspective. No additional work on VR support has been done since then. If it doesn't work, it's probably just too old.

Gotcha, thank you for the info parasti.

I tried getting Neverball to work with a friend's brand new Oculus Rift last year, and just could not get it to detect the headset (both with the OpenHMD version and the libovr version). So I guess whatever HMD library Neverball is using is out of date.