Topic: A neverball dream

So, my wife asked last night if Neverball was getting close to the next release. I told her "not really", but her question inspired me to dream about Neverball last night.

It was crazy weird, with these nearly impossible difficult jumps and blue coins that were plugged into power sockets (I think that's rlk's avatar's fault!). It was pretty cool!

Anybody else ever dream about Neverball?

Re: A neverball dream

not about neverball(heck, i didnt play it for a long while), but rather of warsow, with the awesome trickjumping and so forth, guess these are not far different than those in nb, trough you dont get the feeling of zomming on a player and shooting him tongue

I don't recall ever having dreams about Neverball.  Or any game, for that matter;  I might have had some when I was a little kid, but these days games just don't seem to leave that kind of impression on me any more.

As for your "not really", I'd have to disagree.  Literally every day I spend some time doing stuff that's either directly or indirectly related to Neverball, and I'm looking forward to a release some time in September.

Wow, really? That would be incredible! I don't normally dream of video games either, but it was a pretty cool dream!

I have dreams of playing Neverball on OSX, and my dreams just came true!

Playing at a decent framerate with all eye-candy - on my new 10.5.4 Core2 Duo Hackintosh  :-)

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Dave, you should so make a level of that!

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

That's a good idea, Cheese!

I don't remember having ever dreamed about Neverball, but I rarely remember my dreams and as I played so much our game I'm pretty sure I've already seen it when aslept.

mym, having played some of your more difficult levels, I'd say you have had some Neverball nightmares!

Edit: I meant that as a compliment, btw!

Thx Dave big_smile
I particularly understand what you mean as I'm currently playing all my levels trying to set adequate record values and I'm often insulting the designer kao_ahah

11 (edited by KodeBreaker 2018-11-07 02:18:53)

Like 6 years ago I had a dream of making my own Neverball level. It was in the space environment and you had to get 90 coins to unlock the goal. I still remember the whole thing to this day and it's actually possible to recreate. The dream level will be KödeBreaker Medium Bonus Level V.

Download my levels here: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=3147
Progress: Medium: 17/25    Hard: 14/25    Expert: 13/25

KodeBreaker wrote:

Like 6 years ago I had a dream of making my own Neverball level. It was in the space environment and you had to get 90 coins to unlock the goal. I still remember the whole thing to this day and it's actually possible to recreate. The dream level will be KödeBreaker Medium Bonus Level V.

I enjoyed your Easy set quite a lot. So how's the progress with your other sets?

Cheers

dtb

dtb wrote:

So how's the progress with your other sets?

Medium: 14/25 done.    Hard: 7/25 done.    Expert: 11/25 done.

I should put in progress for my sets in my signature like chmod 700 does. It would create some hype too.

KodeBreaker wrote:

I had a nb dream…a LOT time ago. It repeated in August. It was very nice level, but I can't mapping. I'll do it when i'll can…

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
NEVERBRICK

KodeBreaker wrote:
dtb wrote:

So how's the progress with your other sets?

Medium: 14/25 done.    Hard: 7/25 done.    Expert: 11/25 done.

I should put in progress for my sets in my signature like chmod 700 does. It would create some hype too.

FASTER!!! FASTER!!! FASTER!!!
I'm wating for your levels, to make more videos… I think chmod's set will be good too!

NEVERBRICK

16 (edited by KodeBreaker 2018-11-07 17:22:53)

I have a lot of other stuff to work on other than Neverball levels. To come up with ideas, building them, testing them, and making sure the difficulty matches the sets; takes a LOT of time to do. The latest release date would probably be around January - February 2019. But if I really push it, I could probably release the full tetralogy before 2019 comes.

sad

NEVERBRICK

Don't worry, the wait will incredibly worth it! smile

19 (edited by lolek185 2018-11-07 17:44:42)

KodeBreaker wrote:

Don't worry, the wait will incredibly worth it! smile

sad -> smile

NEVERBRICK

Another thing you could do is release the medium set in 2018 and the others later. Now I think I am engaged in a race. I have a few ideas down for 20 and IV is almost done, but V relies on something I am still not sure of. (And then one level has the number 2018 as a cameo that I will have to change to 2019...)
    I might want to start giving some teasers about how my set is going to work. (Question: can you edit the title of a thread after having posted it? As I might create a thread like "chmod 700's levels [NOT RELEASED YET]" and then want to edit it to "chmod 700's levels [RELEASED!]"...)

Level set progress (88%):
01 02 03 04 I  05 06 07 08 II   09 10 11 12 III   13 14 15 16 IV   17 18? 19 20 V
(red = in-progress, bold+green = complete)

I'm wating:
KödeBreaker Medium Bonus Level V

NEVERBRICK

chmod 700 wrote:

Another thing you could do is release the medium set in 2018 and the others later.

I kind of want to release everything at one date.

chmod 700 wrote:

(Question: can you edit the title of a thread after having posted it?

You can, to edit the title, you have to go the edit button at your first post and you edit the title there. smile

lolek185 wrote:

I'm wating:
KödeBreaker Medium Bonus Level V

You're going to have to wait. Besides, I made 32 whole levels after releasing my easy set within the span of 5 months.

23 (edited by KodeBreaker 2018-11-25 18:43:15)

I just had another Neverball dream last night. So I take computer programming class this year in school and that's where it took place. We had to make a Neverball level by the end of the period. We were working on Neverball 1.4.0 instead of the latest version. But instead of working on my level, I instead to go see what cheat mode was like in that version. I entered cheat mode and I see like 5 new unfinished sets by contributors with like 3-4 levels in each of them. So kept playing these levels instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing. I remember one of the sets was a Medhi set. But the part the I remember the most was that one of the sets was called "chea 701" obviously reffering to chmod 700. Then the period ended and my teacher said to turn in what we had. All I did in my level was add the ball, fly-in, and space environment. I got so scared and then I woke up.

hmm... Nice dream. I want to have some neverball dreams.

Spoiler

i like dumplings tongue

NEVERBRICK

I think I might have gotten that dream because I've been coming up with a lot of new ideas for my levels in computer programming class. Mainly ideas for KodeBreaker Expert.