Topic: Troubles with Clockwork

This is a conversation that existed in a different thread and I decided that since it may be a lengthy discussion it would be best moved.

KodeBreaker wrote:
chmod 700 wrote:

OK. I tried several times to get the clockwork build installed but the make failed on my Ubuntu. So I downloaded the non-clockwork version.

In order for the clocks to work in Neverball, you have to download CSY's modified Neverball build. (1.6.0.4)

To do this is download the Windows Binaries and save it to the Neverball root directory.

Then, there will be a file (I think it's called NeverballClockwork or something, I forgot), click on it and there will be a prompt to extract files.

Extract the files to the nb root directory.

All your previous progress will be saved, it will just be able to run the clocks in the game.

chmod 700 wrote:

Ubuntu is a Linux operating system. I tried to run the exe but it opened Archive Manager and said "An error occurred while loading the archive". I tried changing the permissions to no avail. It might have something to do with the fact that I was playing Neverball while I waited on the long download.

Challenge Space Yard wrote:
chmod 700 wrote:

Ubuntu is a Linux operating system. I tried to run the exe...

Yep. EXE files Windows binaries. Compiling from source (which is platform neutral) remains the best option.

I want to say Neverball's installation instructions should be sufficient for someone with some [technical] experience in compiling, but it may not be sufficient for beginners.

chmod 700 wrote:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lphysfs
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:433: recipe for target 'neverball' failed
make: *** [neverball] Error 1

Level set progress (88%):
01 02 03 04 I  05 06 07 08 II   09 10 11 12 III   13 14 15 16 IV   17 18? 19 20 V
(red = in-progress, bold+green = complete)

Re: Troubles with Clockwork

Weird. It said there were new posts in the thread (it had the red ball next to the topic) but no one posted anything. I wonder why... wait... did this happen before?

Level set progress (88%):
01 02 03 04 I  05 06 07 08 II   09 10 11 12 III   13 14 15 16 IV   17 18? 19 20 V
(red = in-progress, bold+green = complete)

3 (edited by KodeBreaker 2018-11-10 19:12:07)

Re: Troubles with Clockwork

It happens very rarely. But it does happens a lot if you log in through mobile and PC though.

About the clockwork thing, I wish I could help you, but I don't know anything about Linux or Ubuntu. sad I did what I did and it worked for me. I really hope someone knows how to fix this here.

Download my levels here: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=3147
Progress: Medium: 14/25    Hard: 7/25    Expert: 11/25