Topic: Tiny Coins

I just got v1.6.0 today, and everything's working fine except the gold coins appear as tiny silver/gray coins that are hard to see, and don't rotate.

Blue and red coins are fine, and I haven't seen any over real problems, but this is very annoying.

Version 1.5.4 I think was the last version I had, and it ran perfectly.

PS: Is the cats eye ball supposed to be overlayed with the classic one, because that's annoying too, but not game braking.

Post's attachments

SomethingWrong.png 1.22 mb, 21 downloads since 2015-12-06 

Re: Tiny Coins

Timisthen wrote:

I just got v1.6.0 today, and everything's working fine except the gold coins appear as tiny silver/gray coins that are hard to see, and don't rotate.

This sounds like a problem with your Neverball installation.

One possible cause of the effect you're seeing is that some of the contents of the data directory from 1.6.0 have been accidentally overwritten with those of 1.5.4 (specifically, item/coin). Make sure that you have a clean install of the official 1.6.0 files.

In case you have custom/add-on game data installed in your Neverball user data directory, you may also want to check that those files don't contain any old coin SOLs or textures that would override the newer ones.

PS: Is the cats eye ball supposed to be overlayed with the classic one, because that's annoying too, but not game braking.

Yes, that's intentional. (Behind the scenes, it's not actually a case of overlaying the two balls. Rather, the design decision was to use a variation of the familiar checkered texture for the surface of the cat's eye ball. There are other examples of this, such as the snowglobe ball.)

3 (edited by Mrko 2018-01-28 15:48:44)

ooooh that happened me once. I was downloading 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 and then i played some Neverball 1.6.0 and noticed how small was the coins and non-rotating. :I and the goal particles are stars not yellow squares

If playing multiple versions of Neverball, then each build should be kept in separate directories, so that their data contents do not conflict with each other.

This can still be unavoidable with user-made content, as GNU/Linux only has a single user directory.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)