1 (edited by themacmeister 2017-10-27 13:53:48)

Topic: Please test my Wineskin Neverball 1.6.0 port for macOS

Here is my Neverball 1.6.0 port using latest Wineskin and recent Wine version.

http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.p … 965#p31965

hardcoded at the moment to 1920x1080x24

Please test it if you want...

oh, and here's Neverputt too

https://mega.nz/#!AZoXhKRR!b2rJsARjKeAr … jw6I6OS6oI

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Re: Please test my Wineskin Neverball 1.6.0 port for macOS

I have a Snow Leopard hackintosh VM, and I'll try compiling on that and see if the libraries are still compatible with Snow Leopard. It's not easy like on Linux where you have a package manager to automatically install almost any library you need.

Having a Snow Leopard compiled build will probably not help those using an operating system from the last 8 years :-(

Currently Playing:

Did the newer versions of OS X break compatibility or something? I did get it to compile and run, and there weren't any issues with fullscreen as far as I can tell. I had to use the command line, since Xcode was a complete pain to configure with all the changes Neverball has gone through since 1.5.3.

new macOS fullscreen (native - that silly green button one) was a real pain in the butt, was incompatible with libSDL2.0 when first released and then some.

If it seems to be working, let me have a test build and I'll try it out on my Hackintosh...

Currently Playing:

I just need to figure out how to get it out of this VM.

HAHA!!! If you could right-click and compress entire contents (being Neverball.app and Neverputt.app) and assuming you have VMWare Tools or similar installed, you should be able to drag and drop zip file(s) to host desktop...

Currently Playing:

8 (edited by camthesaxman 2017-11-01 00:43:07)

Wow, this was a pain! I finally tweaked the settings of VirtualBox got networking inside the VM. Neither Google Drive or Dropbox worked on that version of Safari, but I'm sure both would have worked perfectly a few years ago before they completely f**ked up their websites. I had to install Firefox to upload the file, which was PAINFULLY slow for some reason, but I finally got it to upload. Let me know if it works.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0hx9 … W1STFhaZXM

EDIT: It looks like the symlink that I put in the .app package got lost somehow, so you'll probably just have to start it from the command line and use the `-d` flag to manually choose the data directory.

goddang, too-hard basket...

/opt/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib requires version 21.0.0 or better????

Could you possibly recompile with statically linked shared libraries, or could you provide your /opt/local/lib folder (zipped) and I can copy it alongside the app... or create an installer that recreates /opt/local/lib/*.dylib

Currently Playing:

"Reason: Incompatible library version: neverball requires version 21.0.0 or later, but libfreetype.6.dylib provides version 10.0.0
Abort trap: 6"

The most recent version I have seen has only been 14.x.x

:-|

Currently Playing:

There were many other libraries like libvorbisfile that were missing too, just so you know...

Currently Playing:

sigh... this is exactly why I hate shared libraries. You run into all kinds of dependency hell. I'll try to make a completely static build, but it will take a while.

camthesaxman wrote:

I'll try to make a completely static build, but it will take a while.

No hurry, I think jammnrose is working on one in about a fortnight too...

Currently Playing:

Shared libraries are easy, though. You just have to bundle them with the binary. There's a hundred tools out there that do that for you.