Re: Nuncabola

themacmeister wrote:

That was the fastest fix in history.

Which goes to show that spending money on that platinum-level 24/7 Nuncabola service contract wasn't such a bad idea after all. big_smile

(Thanks for reporting the bug in the first place!)

platinum-level LOL big_smile

Currently Playing:
Dustforce (dustmod) and Risk of Rain

On Mac OS nuncabola-0.174 will not start because of a missing library:
./Nuncabola/lib/native/macosx/liblwjgl.dylib
(and for the record:
./Nuncabola/lib/native/macosx/libjinput-osx.dylib )

changing the .jnilib file names to .dylib works for me.

Else it seems to work great smile

and btw congratulation to all developers for the new version of neverball, which I have not tested yet, but hopefully will.

Hey neverbe, thanks for testing.

neverbe wrote:

changing the .jnilib file names to .dylib works for me.

The LWJGL developers recently did the same, though as yet there is no official 2.9.2 release containing that change. Based on your report, I'll rename the files manually for the next version of Nuncabola.

380 (edited by neverbe 2014-06-05 16:39:46)

It is a pleasure using it smile

In the replay selection you have missed to add a file filter, all files in the replay directory will be displayed, which is annoying with auto created files like .DS_store on Mac OS (I have not tested this on neverball, because I do not have an up-to-date version and i am to lazy to compile one).

And a suggestion, it would be nice if you scan the replay directory every time I select it from the main screen (or implement a reload).
Background: normally I play in windowed mode and sometimes i just want to see how someone has done the level I am/was playing. At the moment I have to quit and restart the game, otherwise it would be just to reselect the replay button.

neverbe wrote:

In the replay selection you have missed to add a file filter, all files in the replay directory will be displayed, which is annoying with auto created files like .DS_store on Mac OS (I have not tested this on neverball, because I do not have an up-to-date version and i am to lazy to compile one).

Yeah, makes sense to have a file extension check there. Neverball already has one.

And a suggestion, it would be nice if you scan the replay directory every time I select it from the main screen (or implement a reload).

Not entirely sure I understand this correctly. The list of replays is refreshed every time you enter the replay list screen, either from the title screen or after viewing a replay. (This is also the reason a replay actually disappears from the list if you delete it from within the game. It's not removed manually.)

Is this not what you see?

Sorry about my suggestion, the implementation works already as suggested. I was sure I had tried it (more than once) and it did not but that must be a bad dream hmm. Sorry again.

If you like a patch for the file extension:

--- trunk/Nuncabola/src/java/com/uppgarn/nuncabola/functions/ReplayListFuncs.java    2014-02-14 14:24:02.000000000 +0100
+++ mytrunk/Nuncabola/src/com/uppgarn/nuncabola/functions/ReplayListFuncs.java    2014-06-06 @@ -39,7 +39,14 @@
   }

private static String[] createNames() {
-    String[] names = getReplayDirectory().list();
+    FilenameFilter ff= new FilenameFilter() {
+      @Override
+      public boolean accept(File dir, String name) {
+      return name.endsWith(ReplayFileFuncs.EXTENSION);
+      }
+    };
+
+    String[] names = getReplayDirectory().list(ff);

if (names == null) {
       return new String[0];

Just a pretty straight forward implementation, but maybe it saves you some time smile

Nuncabola 0.175

• Renamed Mac OS X libraries from .jnilib to .dylib

• Replay list screen: Only include normal files ending in .nbr

neverbe wrote:

Just a pretty straight forward implementation, but maybe it saves you some time smile

I had already changed that part of the code when I wrote my last post, but thanks anyway!

hmm, uppgarn seems to be down, so no downloads?!

Is this correct?

Currently Playing:

It is up, but for some reason PunBB is mangling the URLs.

These seem to be fine.

http://uppgarn.com/files/nuncabola/nuncabola-0.180.zip
http://uppgarn.com/files/nuncabola/nunc … 80-src.zip

Indeed. It appears that PunBB is messing up URLs that are inside bullets.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Many thanks parasti & CSY!

Got it now (I think I already had it backed up anyways)...

Currently Playing:

Java so far for adding ray tracing or newest OpenGL 4.5.

Nuncabola 0.176-0.187

• Adopted vector-length-based Chase camera and made speed configurable with a default value of 500 (Lazy and Manual remain fixed for the time being) (Neverball 2012-10-19)

• Added cheat to mark all levels as completed ('c' in the level set screen) (Neverball 2006-02-16)

• Removed instant-goal cheat (was 'g' during play)

• Ported material-based lighting control (Neverball 2017-08-10)

• Data folder update (Neverball 2017-09-04)

• Upgraded to LWJGL 2.9.3 build #176 (v3 port still to come)

• Code refactoring (implemented a game client/server system closer to what Neverball has, improved package structure)

The JRE version requirement has been bumped to the now-standard Java 8.

Nuncabola 0.188-0.189

• Look-around screen: Support mouse wheel movement (like in Radiant)

• Ball selection screen: Only show entries that have proper SOLs (prevents an invisible rainbow-ball-wild from being listed)  (Neverball 2009-06-26)

• Lock goals of completed levels by default and always obey the user preference (Neverball 2017-09-23)

• Code refactoring (modernized the I/O back-end)