1 (edited by Craven 2017-08-14 13:13:15)

Topic: Nevermania coins challenge

I play this game mostly because I am curious how to get all those coins, especially in those crazy Nevermania levels. But some coins are just too difficult for me to reach. And in some of these cases there aren't even any replays to show you how to get there if you were good enough. This is why I start this challenge.

There are four different conditions under which your replay satisfies this challenge:
1. You collect all coins in the level on time, as with a standard most coins replay.
2. You collect a very difficult coin and reach the (unlocked) goal. Use the menu option to unlock the goal if it is too difficult otherwise. (Not that this helps much in most Nevermania levels.)
3. You collect the coin and return to a safe place in the level. Finishing not required.
4. You collect the coin in an "unsafe" way.

Don't discount conditions 2-4, because these steps help you to improve your game! For example, I've attached a replay for the blue coin on the "dead" ladybug in level 18. Maybe next time, I'll manage to stop the ball!

This is basically a personal contest, where you compete against your own previous results. So less experienced players can join in too, as long as they have access to the Nevermania levels in some way. Nevermania 5 (with the fake thwomp) is a good level to start in this case: Try to collect the red and blue coins in the back of the level!

There exist most coins replays for many levels to give you hints, including levels 1 to 6, 10 (confetti maze), and 14 (moving discs). Level 9 (mountain) has been solved for an older version of the level, but the new one is not much different. For level 11 (crane), the best replay fails to collect the fourth blue coin in the last box, but the principle seems clear.

Now, here are the coins that I'm especially interested in:
- Level 12 (moving ramps): the two blue coins near the goal and anything else on upper ramps
- Level 15 (ufo): blue coins on rocks, anything past the first barrier (and how to cross it)
- Level 16: blue and yellow coins in pink glass pyramid (the one that uau didn't show how to get)
- Level 18 (ladybugs): blue coin on top of dead (upside down) bug
- Level 19 (timers): blue coin "hanging" in the small cage/lamp

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fwp-18_04_Craven.nbr 148.85 kb, 3 downloads since 2017-08-12 

Re: Nevermania coins challenge

Hi Craven,

Getting the blue coins on the rocks in lvl 15: [spoiler](see spoiler text attachment[/spoiler]

Hope this helps,
--It the it

Post's attachments

Attachment icon spoilertext8_12_17.txt 629 b, 5 downloads since 2017-08-12 

It the it's level set: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2922
6/19/17: a bit of help needed here, plz: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2988

I created my avatar with ANVIL-1000MD (c) and scaled it down with GIMP.

Thanks!

That was easier than I thought. I've attached a replay with my best progress in this level. This includes a way past the first barrier (spoilers!).

It seems like the true challenge to get all coins in lvl 15 is not reaching the blue coins, but moving around on the ufo to collect all yellow and red ones.

What is your progress in this level, It the it? Have you finished it? Has one?

Post's attachments

Attachment icon fwp-15_03_Craven.nbr 988.63 kb, 3 downloads since 2017-08-13 

I agree with you that the real challenge in collecting the coins is in getting all of the red and yellow ones.

As for my progress in the level: I have pretty much mastered the first obstacle composed of small thwomp faces. At the second obstacle, I usually either fall out immediately after activating the switch or fail to do it. Therefore, I have not yet figured out the next obstacle, though I have an idea of how to do it. This is partially why I did not mention any coins after the first barrier. (The other reason is that I forgot.)

Thank you for the warning about spoilers. I plan to watch your replay once I finish the level.

--It the it
P.S. Only 25 more posts until the next rank, SometimesBall!  smile smile

It the it's level set: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2922
6/19/17: a bit of help needed here, plz: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2988

I created my avatar with ANVIL-1000MD (c) and scaled it down with GIMP.

If you can get past the small thwomps, you should be skilled enough to safely activate the switch, too. At least it didn't take me that long to figure out.

I'm stuck at the third (very cool!) obstacle after unsuccessfully trying several things to get by. This might require a quick move around the ufo, which I can't manage without falling off.

I'm quite certain now that there are no coins after the first barrier, also because the in-game highscore ranking lists a maximum of 70. With some practice I might be able to get 30 from the ufo plus the two blue coins. Just enough to unlock.

But I'll try the other levels first. Here's my progress (replays on request):
- Lvl 12: Got the two blue coins & finished. Also saw the remaining coin above that. Might be doable as well.
- Lvl 16: I can reach the platform with the switch surrounded by a ring of coins with the large ball, but cannot get to the teleporter (or anywhere) from there. Same thing with small or normal ball.
- Lvl 18: I'll add this to the list of "interesting" coins. Although I've now managed to land on the dead bug, getting back is more difficult than I thought.