Topic: Neverball / Neverputt crashes on startup in Windows XP Pro

When launching Neverball v1.6.0 (precompiled binary) on Windows XP Pro, It immediately crashes.  I just extracted the .zip file into its own folder and tried to run with no changes or command-line args.

Post's attachments

6d4b_appcompat.txt 17.03 kb, 118 downloads since 2014-09-29 

2 (edited by themacmeister 2014-09-30 02:51:58)

Re: Neverball / Neverputt crashes on startup in Windows XP Pro

Did you make sure you ran the plain Neverball.exe file?

The other two will just quit if you don't have the hardware.

This works perfectly on my Win7 64bit + 16GB RAM + 2GB GTX660.

PS. I was able to run 1.5.0 on Win95 on an old Celeron, with only limited RAM, on an NVIDIA TNT video card. The new version does not appear to like the Intel Linux Driver, if you have embedded Intel HD Graphics, it could have something to do with it (driver?).

Anyways, make sure your Video/Sound/DirectX drivers are all current versions, test another OpenGL game, then try neverball.exe again. If not working, re-download and try one more time, it may be a corrupt download.

PS. What are your computer specs? RAM, OS, GRAPHICS CARD?

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Do you have the correct video drivers installed? If not, than it might be trying to use directx which wouldn't work too well...

I used to install graphics card drivers first, followed by DirectX Jun 2010 redistributable, with great success (still do it to this day) on all PC's up to Win7-64bit. This ensures that your OpenGL drivers are not borked (which I have had happen doing things in the wrong order).

Best of luck.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

.....I think it because you didn't install GPU driver or your computer was installed GPU driver,but missed opengl32.dll

Looks like, there is no supported in Windows XP. You need to have install Windows 10 Pro in the future, until should be work.

Spoiler

On my PC, there is an Windows 10 Build version:

Made with Ubuntu 18.04