1 (edited by p2013125 2017-04-03 07:06:59)

Topic: Some feature I want in Neverball/Neverputt

To all users:
Here is some feature I want in Neverball/Neverputt:
1.I want Neverball pause screen can add a option is 'Look",can let user use the mouse to control the screen.
2.I want Neverball can use .avi video to record replay.
3.I want Neverputt also can record a replay.
4.I want Neverball/Neverputt start screen can have a 'Level/Course download',can search and download levels /course ,and auto install levels/course.

If you can add this features to Neverball/Neverputt ,please upload this 'Neverball 1.7.0 beta'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I type this texts use my school's computer!)
                                                                                                                        p2013125
                                                                                                               3/4/2017 15:05

I am a HONG KONG PERSON,so my english is not so good tongue
Here is my level contributions:
Crazy Force 5-levels level set. Light Force 5-levels level set.

Re: Some feature I want in Neverball/Neverputt

I'm really considering adding the ability to look around the stage when paused. I think that would be a good feature. If you want an avi of your replay, you can just run a screen recorder while you play back the replay. Neverputt replays would be nice, but I'm not sure how hard that would be to implement. As far as the last one goes,  we don't have a centralized place where levels can be uploaded and shared. It's pretty easy to install new levels, anyway. You can just drag and drop a .zip file into your local Neverball folder and it will be installed.

For avi files, you can use https://obsproject.com/

4 (edited by p2013125 2017-04-05 04:44:39)

.....But I want a neverball program have add the features!

I am a HONG KONG PERSON,so my english is not so good tongue
Here is my level contributions:
Crazy Force 5-levels level set. Light Force 5-levels level set.

We had a sticky going for level uploads but it's out of date.  Plus, as more and more levels are put up it becomes a big multi-page list of posts you have to sift through.

I'm thinking of making a whole seperate custom page (not in the form of a thread) that has them all in one place with pictures and all.  I would link directly to it in the forum header so that even first time forum visitors will notice them right away.  Perhaps even the option to just download every additional levelset that currently exists in one package.

Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. Just create a single page and upload every single Neverball level set you've found, and then anyone can just download the zip, save it in their .neverball folder, and play it instantly. I tried downloading some more sets from various pages, but many of the links were dead or linked to the now defunct nevercorner.net.

I'm considering adding the feature to freely look around a Neverball/Neverputt level, but the code is confusing me a bit. I don't understand matrix math well enough to know how the view transformations are done.

Guess I still possess almost every unofficial level set that ever existed  (at least in my time)
Just tell me if you are looking for one in particular, perhaps I can find the zip-file on my machine and upload it right to the forum ;-)

Cheers

dtb

8 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2017-04-06 13:19:57)

Neverwiki used to have dedicated pages for the unofficial level sets and courses.

I might be able to integrate the descriptions of [most of] the unofficial neverputt courses into the pre-designed courses section of Neverputt Calendar.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Damn, that’s pretty much the way I pictured it. Nice.  You have a lot of the videos too.  I’ve been thinking recently about some sort of video guide to help players deal with the frustrations caused by dumbasses like me who make courses that are beyond unreasonably difficult (which I plan to address when there is another release).  I bring this up because a lot of your proof of record videos would double as playthrough videos too.  I would probably only use the “as intended to be played” ones.  I don’t have a problem with the crazy hole-in-one videos with regard to best records/scores contests, but this would be more about getting par/passing difficult levels, and not a guide to amazing 1 in million trickshots.

Your calendar is also the closest thing neverputt has to the nevertable (which I also need to get going again) so I’ll link it from whatever additional levelsets and courses page we eventually come up with.

camthesaxman wrote:

I'm considering adding the feature to freely look around a Neverball/Neverputt level, but the code is confusing me a bit. I don't understand matrix math well enough to know how the view transformations are done.

If I had anywhere near the programming skills to help with this I would.  Better views is definitely one of the things holding neverputt back from seeing more extravagant courses.  I was trying to think of some kind of dynamic transparency that would temporarily blur away objects that obstruct direct view of the ball, situations like the one in the picture below.   I can only assume however, this would be one hell of a programming challenge that probably wouldn’t be worth the trouble.  Being able to zoom in and out + angle up or down while pivoting the view around the ball as the game currently does, would be an awesome feature.  Free look would also accomplish this and be even better.

Post's attachments

puttsns.png, 228.13 kb, 600 x 375
puttsns.png 228.13 kb, 19 downloads since 2017-04-09 

Indeed. I had a lot of ambitious goals when I first split Neverputt Calendar from the rest of the NeverGalaxy.

Although a few goals (notably Random Courses) are out of my reach, I am satisfied with how this project has fleshed out so far.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

My idea for Neverputt is to use right click drag to adjust the vertical viewing angle, and possibly use the scroll wheel to adjust the level of zooming. I think something like that would work well. I could easily implement these if I only knew what matrix transformations to make where. I will take a computer graphics course next semester, so hopefully I'll learn more about this.

I'm also considering adding the Neverball level name to the HUD. You only see it at the level intro, which I often don't pay attention to, and then I wonder what level number I'm currently on.

http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2897

¿what´s up? *Gus