Re: We are back - Thank you vidski

This particular issue is all CSS, which means it’s a quick fix for any CSS guy who’s familiar with PunBB. To avoid having a bunch of template files, punbb does the whole entire theme/style in one big css file.

From a software performance perspective it helps keep things simple.  All these ‘xyzBB’ forums, this is the quickest most lightweight one I’ve worked with... that’s for damn sure. Problem is I’m not much of a css guy, and with everything in one big file, it means the many mistakes I’ll most certainly make trying to pinpoint where I need to edit will be seen all over the whole forum.  Might get ugly...

The relevant code bit is:

<div class="attachments">
    <strong id="attach31561">Post's attachments</strong>
    <p>
        <link to the attachment>
        &nbsp;12.7 kb, file has never been downloaded.&nbsp;
    </p>
</div>

So, you will need to edit the colors for:

.attachments

and maybe for the link

.attachments a

You should be able to copy stuff from

.codebox

for it to look decent enough.

I found those in the .css:

.entry-content .quotebox,.entry-content .codebox
{
        border-style:solid;
        border-width:1px;
        margin:.75em 1em;
        padding:1em .75em
}
.entry-content .codebox
{
        font-size:.97em;
        color:#C8C8C8
}
.entry-content .quotebox,.entry-content .codebox
{
        background:#0f0f0f;
        border-color:#0b0b0b
}

Try adding

.attachments

to the end of the last two of those - that might be enough.

Great work on the new forum icons smile

Thanks to vidski for resurrecting the Neverforum. smile

30 (edited by dtb 2017-09-07 09:35:27)

Elviz wrote:

Thanks to vidski for resurrecting the Neverforum. smile

Hey Elviz, finally you've arrived... wonder whether the Nevertable will be resurrected as well someday, what u think?

Hope you still got copies of your countless record-holding replays

Cheers

dtb

dtb wrote:

Hey Elviz, finally you've arrived... wonder whether the Nevertable will be resurrected as well someday, what u think?

Wait, let me exchange my basic-ball for a crystal ball. Checking now... no, no new Nevertable in the near future. More seriously, it's less of a problem for those of us who have already gone through the 1.4 and 1.5 contests, and more of an issue for new players who won't get to see all the fierce times and cool tricks. Still, it's possible to make interesting replays available using forum attachments, so all is not lost.

Hope you still got copies of your countless record-holding replays

Yeah, I have pretty much all of my records saved locally.

Can someone give me a quick summary of how the nevertable operated... was it like,

player uploads replay  >  replay is organized amongst existing replays  >  list of best times/top records is updated accordingly...?

I ask because I have all the old nevertable replays... all 1,726 of them.  With a slow but ever increasing ammount of interest in this, I want to make them available once again.

I'd like to try and integrate all this into the neverforum though. It would make things easier from a hosting perspective since I could avoid having 2 forums to keep track of instead of 1.  Depending on how we reorganize, I could also create a custom forum group and ftp account if necessary so that 1 or even several of you could easily assist with whatever is needed to keep it all up to date.

33 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2017-10-01 18:22:58)

Something along those lines...

1. Player uploads a replay, which gets recorded in the database

2. Replay gets validated by a moderator

3. Validated replay shows up in the database

4. Multitude of ways in which the database can be displayed (for a rough example, see Neverputt Calendar's Global Leaderboard)

Still, redoing the interface is likely to be quite challenging if you seek to integrate Nevertable into "Neverforum 2.0". Some database tweaks are also likely to be required.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Yeah the database end of things would not be pretty.   

My concern is the maintenance aspect of it, with every single uploaded replay needing to be verified and added to overall stats and whatnot.  During the original neverforum days I remember several mentions about how the nevertable hadn't been updated in ages, indicating that even then, it was difficult to keep up with.

I can't imagine an easy way of automating it all either, but if anyone has any suggestions, or ideas of any kind, feel free to chime in.

If nothing else, maybe ill just upload them all organized by levelset. At least then the replays will be accessible to the newer players who could make use of them as a guide to help get past stuck points.