1 (edited by NeverHacker 2014-09-10 21:16:11)

Topic: Locked level-sets in Neverball

My idea is to block levelsets, when you start playing neverball for the first time, or again.
When levels are completed, new LevelSets are unlocked and are playable...
this will make it more fun and will serve as motivation to continue in the game. smile

Player starts playing: Neverball easy and medium- unlocked wink
Neverball medium complete : is unlocked neverball hard
Neverball hard complete: is unlocked tdf and tones
Tdf complete: is unlocked Rtdf
Tones and Rtdf complete: is unlocked Nevermania big_smile

¿what´s up? *Gus

Re: Locked level-sets in Neverball

The question is: why?
Neverball levels are organized in levelsets precisely  to avoid this.

~DEV

3 (edited by NeverHacker 2014-09-10 21:59:00)

Not you understand me or not you understand! o.O because I do not think that's the point!

¿what´s up? *Gus

Furthermore, a set locking feature does not accommodate future expansion sets such as Reshuan's level sets or my upcoming Clockwork set(s).

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

I used to think this way, having levelsets unlocked as a "reward" for finishing sets in Challenge Mode.

I think a more workable solution is unlocking custom balls or background music.

Admittedly, it's fairly poor reward for effort in completing these difficult levelsets, but I think all levelsets should be playable, and at least give people a chance to sample unseen levels.

Maybe a separate git branch could address this and implement a locking mechanism. Also a mechanism to stop cheating by editing the plain text records file.

I also think unlocking should only be for Challenge Mode, it is too easy to keep trying and eventually finish every level. (not the case with MYM's sets) smile

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

6 (edited by MopeDude 2015-04-06 18:59:59)

themacmeister wrote:

I used to think this way, having levelsets unlocked as a "reward" for finishing sets in Challenge Mode.

I think a more workable solution is unlocking custom balls or background music.

Admittedly, it's fairly poor reward for effort in completing these difficult levelsets, but I think all levelsets should be playable, and at least give people a chance to sample unseen levels.

Maybe a separate git branch could address this and implement a locking mechanism. Also a mechanism to stop cheating by editing the plain text records file.

I also think unlocking should only be for Challenge Mode, it is too easy to keep trying and eventually finish every level. (not the case with MYM's sets) smile

Good  idea, But this is my reward idea:

ezraluigi wrote:

It would be cool if there would be achievements and unlockables. Maybe you would unlock balls for completing sets and doing stuff. Maybe there would be more sense of customization with adding colors to your ball.

Theese could go good together.