1 (edited by reshaun 2017-01-21 21:55:22)

Topic: Moved: Reshaun's iPutt Course

*Moved to Level contributions*

Reshaun

Here is my unofficial level and putt course contributions:
iLevels Collection iPutt Collection

2 (edited by vidski 2014-02-16 14:07:44)

Re: Moved: Reshaun's iPutt Course

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/8xj9l.jpg

Yes!       This is some magnificent work. 

I can tell a good amount of thought has been put into a lot of these holes, and that your designs were constructed around an initial idea.  You've got some of those one chance only "all or nothing" type holes where pulling off that outrageous shot might be risky, but quite rewarding if done correctly.  Last but not least is the final textbook requirement of any worthy course...  you used the curve tool and therefore your course does not look like lego putt putt minecraft edition. Well done sir, well done indeed.

I jumped around a bit and only briefly played maybe half the course. Got 3 days off next week though and ill go through the whole thing several times no doubt. My one and only suggestion so far is the levels with inverted cones and/or funnels. The ball gets caught in them going round and around and around and around and around sometimes for over a minute even. It's a tricky little snag with neverputt mapping, I had the exact same issue with it in one of my holes.  I ended up getting lazy with it and just cut out a bigger hole at the bottom so the ball would drop faster. It's certainly not the best looking solution but works nonetheless. It's not like massive bug thats going to bring the whole game to a halt, but if your playing a 4 player game with friends or something it will get annoying after awhile.  I'll be curious to see if you change the ones in your course or not. Something tells me you might come up with a good way around it.

Excellent course though,  very impressive.  I cant figure out which is more amazing... the course itself, or the fact that you have apparently learned all of this on your own and built the whole course without coming here for any help.

~edit:  uploaded that picture as an attachment also.  lol,    oops

3 (edited by reshaun 2014-02-16 18:30:58)

vidski wrote:

~edit:  uploaded that picture as an attachment also.  lol,    oops

Whoops! Sorry, I made a mistake again! I got my another picture!

Reshaun

no worries, you didnt do anything wrong.  I accidently posted that giant yellow smiley face twice, so I made a quick edit of my reply to remove the second one.  It was definitely a mistake on my part and not yours,  I promise.  smile

This was the most fun I have had with Neverputt. The course is magnificent, and I believe this course should be included in the next Neverputt build. I was under par until right up to near the end. The final hole gives you a good chance at finishing under par, with a par of 7.

Here are some ideas/suggestions:

The ball fell off one of the channels/shortcuts. A small glass cover at the corners should help stop this.

Some of the multi-level holes leave the camera obstructed. Don't know if there is an easy way to fix this. It only happened two or three times in the entire course.

The camera occasionally points the opposite direction than the hole, to begin your shot. This might be a missing metaobject, or just a bug in neverputt.

SUPERB WORK!!!! This putt course is way better than your neverball levels, which are still good, but a little FLAT.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Adding this pack manually (decompressed) to /Library/Application Support/Neverball Data

is causing my Neverball 1.5.3 to crash (after first hole) on my Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Hackintosh.

I will try testing this with my Core i3 iMac later today. Don't quite know the reason, as it works fine with the regular courses?

Currently Playing:

Given that reshaun uses rotating objects in his maps, I imagine you need a more recent build than 1.5.3/1.5.4.

That is almost certainly what it is.

Is the course name required in courses.txt?

Because by default this is not set.

Currently Playing:

9 (edited by reshaun 2017-01-21 21:55:51)

Hey!

Check it out it's my new update of The Unofficial Putt Course.
*Moved to Level contributions*

Reshaun