Topic: Camera Angles

I've been playing Neverputt since I discovered it several years ago on Portableapps.com.  I wasn't able to download it directly to my Windows 7 laptop (incompatible with 64 bit OS?), so I did a work-around by copying the portable version to a folder, and accessed it from there with a desktop shortcut.

Question:  I'm new to the forum, so maybe I missed a discussion on this topic, but I've never been able to change the camera angle, either on the old version, or now the new version, UP or DOWN so I can see where I'm at and/or where I'm going.  It's a continuing frustration on an otherwise super program.  Is there a trick I'm not aware of, or is this just an accepted fact until a fix is programmed?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Camera Angles

I am afraid this is an accepted limitation at this time, especially on a normal display. I have heard that a head-mounted display (or simply HMD) improves flexibility somewhat in the camera department, but I do not have one so I cannot say much about this.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Thanks for your prompt reply, Paul

How hard do you think it would be for the programmers to do something relatively simple such as being able to at least raise or lower the camera angle, perhaps using the UP and DOWN cursor keys?   This is a major irritation for me (and I imagine a lot of others!), especially on the more complex holes, and I would think this would have to be high on the list right now.

My only other quibble is that I wish that there was a "do-over" option on the holes when the 1-player option is chosen, or a "practice" mode which would have a "do-over" option.

Even with its limitations, though, this is a super game for us mini-putt fanatics.

4 (edited by vidski 2014-07-06 12:14:54)

aivas33 wrote:

My only other quibble is that I wish that there was a "do-over" option on the holes when the 1-player option is chosen, or a "practice" mode which would have a "do-over" option.

your practice related frustrations are no more!    cool
http://youtu.be/HdSsfcC0tSw

edit:  apologies for the slightly misleading keystroke example,  don't actually hit the plus sign key when typing and executing the jump to your next desired destination

It is difficult to say much, as I have only contributed minor code tweaks to Neverputt.

While vidski's recommendations are nice to jump throughout the course, it also comes at the expense in that scores are still remembered even when jumping back to an earlier hole.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)