1 (edited by jammnrose 2014-05-22 12:40:10)

Topic: neverball.git push policy

parasti wrote:

I figured I would wait for a discussion to start. Take the fact that I committed them as my part in the discussion.

I don't wish to dwell on decisions that have already been made or hold an opinion on something that was likely well intentioned, but can I ask that next time we initiate a little more discussion before making changes to the Master branch? Even that I don't have so much of an issue with, but the fact that there was little time for community feedback before releasing the changes in 1.6.0 could make us look sloppy if we decide to revert the changes. I know that I haven't been around really for a while, so I can't really profess to ask that my opinion had been taken into consideration, but I believe that the people that have been around should have a stake in providing feedback.

I suggest that perhaps in the future we can use the Github pull request model that I use where I work, where at least 2 other community members +1 it before it makes it into the Master. This would also allow me (and others) to be notified that we should look at something and be a part of things (which *I* am more likely to do if get an email, especially when I'm super busy...). Part of the reason that I have not been more involved lately with the community is just being busy and not remembering to check the forums, not for a lack of interest. Having this pull request model I think would help foster community involvement, and could be a more practical approach to making sure that our codebase is well vetted.

</slightly offtopic> (maybe we should have a new thread on this...)

Mac OS X Xcode project & package maintainer.

If you have some Neverball related files you need hosted somewhere, please send a me forum PM/email.

Re: neverball.git push policy

jammnrose wrote:

I suggest that perhaps we can use the Github pull request model that I use where I work, where at least 2 other community members +1 it before it makes it into the Master.

+1 for this.

~DEV

Re: neverball.git push policy

We already mostly use that model. Only a few people have push access to the main repo and all of the bigger changes have been introduced through pull requests. I rarely receive any feedback on mine, though. With the amount of changes and discussion going on, this (new coin textures) clearly should have been a PR, no disagreement there.