1 (edited by ardvark 2013-07-29 05:57:41)

Topic: (SOLVED) Site acting strangely...

Hi all...

There have been a lot of error pages that say "Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Too many connections" when trying to access the forum, even when no one is logged in and only five people are even looking at the site.

Any ideas?

Regards...

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all!

Re: (SOLVED) Site acting strangely...

ardvark wrote:

Hi all...

There have been a lot of error pages that say "Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Too many connections" when trying to access the forum, even when no one is logged in and only five people are even looking at the site.

Any ideas?

Regards...

Is that the forums here? I don't think we use a DBMS for the Neverball.org site.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Is that the forums here? I don't think we use a DBMS for the Neverball.org site.

Yeah, I saw that too, here at forum.neverconrner.net
Seems to have cleared up. @ardvark are you still seeing those messages today?

Hi guys...

@Cheeseness: Yes, it was here,

@tonesfrommars: No, it has been working fine today.

Regards...

Yes, I've got problems with server overload during this week. I don't know where it's coming from, there was some peaks of illegitimate connections and brute force attack on my ssh daemon which make the server crawling  (easy, it's a small server ^^).
I changed apache configuration to limit the effect of such kind of ddos attacks depending on my server performance, I hope the problem is solved now.

Wow, Shino, I'm sorry that happened. sad

But I'm glad you were able to find a fix. smile