1 (edited by wizarddrummer 2010-06-23 17:24:57)

Topic: are the developers planning any new versions?

To be honest, I like the game, but it is very annoying to play.

In fact it is the most annoying game that I play on a regular basis.

I don't have much fun playing this addicting little game.

I'd like to have MORE FUN playing it...

I hate the "follow the ball" camera.

Features I'd like to see:

-- The option for a detachable stationary movable camera that you can view the hole before you play which would allow for over head views and allows you to make the shot without the camera following.

-- Tournament or non Tournament play. Allow a mulligan or practice hole. The ability to go start the hole over again.

-- and my biggest pet peeve. If I am the only player playing then stop asking me to press the #1 button after each shot! Just setup for the next shot automatically and more quickly so I can shoot. It's redundant.

ok that's about it smile

Re: are the developers planning any new versions?

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Glad you like the game.... or do you? hmm.
We appreciate your feedback, and as you know, it's open source, so feel free to modify the game to your heart's content to suit your needs, as one or two have done.

It's a good suggestion about the one player auto-start.

As you may guess, it's a community effort, so any new versions or work come as people find the free time and energy to devote to it. Our lead developer, parasti, is self taught so it proves that if you are really interested, you can get in there and learn how to make a contribution to the game development.

cheers!

tonesfrommars wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Glad you like the game.... or do you? hmm.
We appreciate your feedback, and as you know, it's open source, so feel free to modify the game to your heart's content to suit your needs, as one or two have done.

It's a good suggestion about the one player auto-start.

As you may guess, it's a community effort, so any new versions or work come as people find the free time and energy to devote to it. Our lead developer, parasti, is self taught so it proves that if you are really interested, you can get in there and learn how to make a contribution to the game development.

cheers!

thanks for the reply ... didn't pay attention or remember (more likely) that this was open source. That being said great effort.

where's the code? ... I used to program ... alot ... hundreds of years ago. Don't know if I have the stamina, aptitude, time or willingness to tinker with it, getting to where it's a chore just to walk up and down stairs smile

Source code may be downloaded from the official web site...

... or if you want the latest cutting edge code, and don't mind unexpected crashes and bugs, Subversion may be a better choice for you. More information about the repository itself may be viewed here.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

i love the game but find the collision detection to be waaay to sensitive. That is the ball is a bit too bouncy making some of the levels next to impossible to play. I may download the source and play around with the collision detection code to see if I could improve it to how Vertigolf does it which I find to be perfect. Other than that, it is a very adictive game with excellent music and level designs. Look forward to other enhancements along the way. Oh and agreed. The idea that I have to click the number one button to reset the level gets redundant and that I cannot view the level nor change the camera if the level is in the way would be excellent enhancements.

Excellent work!