Topic: HARDEST neverball levels ever

hello everybody,

as from now, please feel free to vote for the hardest neverball level(s) you ever came across!

...i'm curious to find out about some common favourites or perhaps even one - yet uncrowned - "king of difficulty"

i'll start the poll by picking the following:

1. RDF 20 (most difficult)
followed by
2. nevermania 6
3. RDF V
4. nevermania 7

btw. just noticed that there are no replays for some nevermania lvls (namely 12, 14 + 15) to be found on the nevertable - could it really be that nobody got through them so far?

cheers,

dtb

Re: HARDEST neverball levels ever

i think

nevermania 6
penmas 7
rdf 20

~DEV

I think the hardest levels are

Nevermania 15
Nevermania 6
Retour De Force 20 (on cheat mode, I got past the drop and bumps)
Nevermania 16

NeverMania 14, 5, 9
Retour de force 14 & 20

It the it's level set: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2922
6/19/17: a bit of help needed here, plz: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=2988
avatar drawn with ANVIL-1000MD (c) and scaled down with GIMP
にほんご べんきょう する。 (i am studying japanese)

5 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2011-09-12 02:38:37)

On top of no one being able to go very far in Nevermania, the author of the set does not wish to spoil away any solutions.

Nonetheless, all of the Nevermania levels have at least something regarding replays (except level 15, UFO)

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

if you want to complete a level without reaching the goal you can do this easily. anyway, i don't like to cheat and i never do this...

~DEV

Challenge Space Yard wrote:

On top of no one being able to go very far in Nevermania, the author of the set does not wish to spoil away any solutions.

Nonetheless, all of the Nevermania levels have at least something regarding replays (except level 15, UFO)

I made it up to nevermania 13 by now and I think it is the best way to play Neverball level by level; you learn such a lot of moves and skills by doing so; I also learned a lot from some unofficial sets (such as dave's or kk's)
I have to confess that I hardly unlocked any of the bonus levels (so I won nearly all of them in cheat mode) but that is just because I 'm not so keen on playing in challenge mode...
Right now I'm taking a break from Nevermania, trying to complete dawid8404's latest version of his set of challenges; pretty hard as well...

As for now it seems that RDF 20 might come off as the winner - but WE STILL NEED MORE VOTES to verify this!!!

did you complete all freeland's levels? (included new levels)

~DEV

ht-never wrote:

did you complete all freeland's levels? (included new levels)

i did finish all of the sets (zip-files) but not the single levels you have posted lastly

... I'm rather waiting for an all new set which will contain all of those new levels you have posted during the last weeks

yes. i'm planning to make 1 more level for placing it in the official set instead of "mostcoins" challenge... it is very old and very ugly...

~DEV

Isn't this topic going extremely off topic?

we're talking about neverball's unofficial levels, no?

~DEV

neverstoppable wrote:

Isn't this topic going extremely off topic?

you're right, but I wouldn't call it "extremely" (as we're still talking bout neverball)

neverstoppable wrote:

Retour De Force 20 (on cheat mode, I got past the drop and bumps)

...you mean it's easier for you to play this level in cheat mode?

honestly, I can't get past RDF 3. It is SO SLOW! I can get past it on faster computers, though, but I'm stuck on RDF 5.

neverstoppable wrote:

honestly, I can't get past RDF 3. It is SO SLOW! I can get past it on faster computers, though, but I'm stuck on RDF 5.

RDF3 is easily done - just try it again and again on a faster machine, so you will get faster as well  ;-)
RDF5 is a hard one, perhaps try a jump at the very beginning, it helps you saving time (my replay below)

cheers

dtb

Post's attachments

mym2-05_01.nbr 779.4 kb, 96 downloads since 2011-09-15 

RDF 20
Misc 7 (I think... it's the one with the ball inside the small sphere with the blue coins at the very top)

Here are all of my level contributions. Please test and give constructive criticism.

18 (edited by Friggles 2012-01-19 15:04:57)

Nevermania 6 was very hard to get past at first, but once I had gotten the technique it was no problem.

Nevermania 7 was one of the hard ones, but its not as hard as the other Nevermania levels.

I think a lot of people get stuck at Nevermania 8, (Because of the annoying goal) which is why the later Nevermania levels are not being brought up as much.

Nevermania 9 is definitely one of the hardest.

Spoiler

I have no idea how someone could finish Nevermania 11 using the last cargo pick up, it's insane. It would be one of the hardest levels if it was not possible through some other method.

I'm stuck on Nevermania 13 at the moment, I think i can get it, i'm still not sure if it is as hard as Nevermania 9.

I'm not sure about the other Nevermania levels but they look hard and noting the lack of replays they probably are the hardest levels.

Retour De Force 20 and 14 deserve mentions, they were the only non-Nevermania that were really tough.

Retour De Force V looks really hard, but i have not been able to unlock it.

I havn't played all the non-official sets, so there might be some other really hard ones out there.

Btw, this is just counting levels that are difficult to finish. Not coin gathering or fast finishes. The levels i mentioned are still probably the hardest in these areas, but i would add Tour De Force 3 for collecting all the coins and probably all of the other Nevermania levels for all coins and fast finishes.
(I'm not including levels like Retour De Force 17, where you probably cannot collect all the coins)

You know we have

Spoiler

spoiler

tags, right?

I don't think I've been able to complete a single Nevermania level so far >_<

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

20 (edited by Friggles 2012-01-19 15:00:04)

Spoiler

I didn't know sad

Thanks for letting me know.

It's OK big_smile
I didn't realise that was your first post. Welcome to the forums!

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Friggles wrote:

...I have no idea how someone could finish Nevermania 11 using the last cargo pick up, it's insane. It would be one of the hardest levels if it was not possible through some other method...

...great - so I did something insanely hard by using the last cargo pick up (see replay)

I'm also still trying to solve nevermania 13 (just as you do) and by now I guess it already took me longer than nevermania 9

concerning hard levels from retour de force (rdf) I'd say that bonus V deserves to be mentioned as well- it took me almost the whole 10 minutes to complete it and it's just so hard to keep up the concentration here

the non-official sets are mostly mixed packages - imo real hard ones are: bud's 7, dave's 7+8, krabby krap's 16, dawid8404 "set of challenges" 6+7 (btw- I'm still not sure if 7 can be finished at all, I gave up on this)

so, good luck for beating those stupid rails and let me know when you succeed!

cheers

dtb

Post's attachments

fwp-11_01.nbr 1.75 mb, 104 downloads since 2012-01-19 

23 (edited by Friggles 2012-01-30 12:16:35)

Ah xD, i'm surprised I didn't think of that. I was thinking of going around the crazy circuit on the cargo hook.

I agree on Nevermania 13 being harder than Nevermania 9 now that i've given it more of a go. I will probably need to spend hours in a row to get used to the technique. I'm trying to get some records atm, so I will try NM13 again later on

I can't seem to find download links to other sets, i only have the Tones, Penma and Freeland ones. When i find a link it is normally not working and when i find a working one the levels won't show up on Neverball :S.

On a seperate note my laptop had a hard drive crash and i lost my neverball progress. So i have been using the cheat mode to play levels that i can't be bothered to re-unlock. The only problem is that on cheat mode the goal is locked at the start of the level (unless you finish the level before it and the actual level). This means that I can't attempt coin or speed records unless i have finished the level before it, this also means that i will need to redo annoying levels like Nevermania 8... Soo i was wondering if the is someway to completely unlock a level.

Also how often do Admins log on?

Sorry for all the questions, some of them are slightly off topic, if I have a question should I start a new forum?

Back to the topic, while on cheat mode i couldn't resist giving Disks (NM 14), UFO (NM 15) and Adventure (NM 16) a go and they are hard! Disks is barely within the possible range, Adventure is harder and UFO is off the scale. That horrible coin goal on the UFO level forces me to move around more than I want to. I got past the asteroid bit, but then fell off due to clumsyness... Those three levels are far far harder than the rest, they are in another league. (Well at least out of the official sets, i havn't tried some of the ones that you said were hard)

Friggles wrote:

I can't seem to find download links to other sets, i only have the Tones, Penma and Freeland ones. When i find a link it is normally not working and when i find a working one the levels won't show up on Neverball

all of the unofficial level-sets should be here:
http://www.nevercorner.net/wiki/doku.ph … level_sets
and some are here:
http://forum.nevercorner.net/viewtopic.php?id=2048

these are all zip-files, just put them into neverball's application-data folder and the neverball engine will run them automatically, at least they're all working fine on my machine (win7)

however if you encounter problems with a certain zip or one of the download-links is broken, you can also search the level contributions thread for the zip in question - or in the end I could upload it for you ;-)

About "some way to completely unlock a level" - sorry, no idea

About "How often admins log on" - perhaps an admin will answer this

About "should I start a new forum?" - I think it's always a good idea to post a new topic for every new idea/problem or whatsoever, but you should also post it in the adequate category (e.g. your own level-set or questions about unofficial levels in "level contributions")

cheers

Friggles wrote:

Also how often do Admins log on?

Hi Friggles:

I try to check in at the forums daily, though I'm not always able, but I think you were referring to the nevertable. I know you have a few records waiting moderation. I sometimes lag behind when I am so busy (as I am at the moment)

Thanks for your patience, and I'm glad you're enjoying the game and participating in the contest!