Topic: How to install new Neverputt courses in mac?

Hello I am a Spanish player Neverputt and want to know how to install jambalaya and new courses on mac. I read in the forum but have not succeeded. appreciate your help because I love Neverputt

2 (edited by ht-never 2013-09-04 14:36:31)

Re: How to install new Neverputt courses in mac?

Hello I am a Spanish Neverputt player and Iwant to know how to install jambalaya and other new courses on mac. I read in the forum but have not succeeded. appreciate your help because I love Neverputt

you should place the package that you want to install in Neverball's data directory. It works for courses too.at this post has been created some others times! read in the forum before create a new thread.

~DEV

Thanks for your information, but I didn't find the "data" file in Neverball. May be I haven't the right version. I don't know. I send you a picture that I did. The blue files are the package that I want to install
could you help me, please?

Post's attachments

Imagen 1.png 126.44 kb, 48 downloads since 2011-11-22 

Put the ZIP file for the course in ~/.neverball (enable show-hidden-files to see it).

Under Linux and Mac OS there's a folder called /.Neverball ad parasti said. that directory is in the home directory but sometimes is hidden. you should place the package without extracting it, in this dir.

~DEV

It is ~/.neverball, not /.Neverball.

On Windows, the equivalent is %APPDATA%\Neverball (you can type this in Windows Explorer location bar to locate it). For the next Neverball release (1.6.0), the location will change to Documents so it's easier to access.

I don't know. for example ubuntu isn't case sensitive and /.Neverball and /.neverball are the same directory. I don't know if Mac OS is equal to ubuntu or not.

~DEV

The directory Neverball creates is literally called ".neverball", lowercase. If we consistently tell users to use that name, it won't matter if they use a case-sensitive filesystem or not.

And again, the full location is ~/.neverball or $HOME/.neverball. Not /.Neverball or /.neverball or some other variation.

It's the same. let's try!

~DEV

10 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2011-11-24 04:39:29)

~/.neverball is safer because it is unambiguous.

Files and folder names are case sensitive on *nix and Mac OSX and case insensitive on Windows and DOS.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Challenge Space Yard wrote:

~/.neverball is safer because it is unambiguous.

Files and folder names are case sensitive on *nix and Mac OSX and case insensitive on Windows and DOS.

Thank you for explanation.
Excuse me, Parasti.

~DEV