1 (edited by wolfen 2010-12-23 04:34:40)

Topic: 23 under par on CrazyGolf!

After months of practice, I finally broke the -20 barrier. As you can see from the screenshot, I double-bogied hole 15, and I normally at least par it. There were a couple of other holes I parred that I normally birdie. But on the other hand, I got a hole-in-one on hole 5, (normally eagle) and took an albatross (2) on hole 13. (normally eagle/birdie) So I guess I made up for a couple mistakes. I honestly believe I will hit 26/27 under one of these days. So, is -23 good or what? What is the best crazygolf score you've heard of/know of?

I'm still working on "mastering" the other courses and have a ways to go, but me and a friend play for hours a couple times a week, and love it. Rock on!

Post's attachments

23-BEST.jpg 106.82 kb, 54 downloads since 2010-12-22 

Re: 23 under par on CrazyGolf!

Is that you again, protonspring?

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

3 (edited by wolfen 2010-12-23 04:37:31)

themacmeister wrote:

Is that you again, protonspring?

I don't know who that person is, but I can assure you I'm not that person. I'm just someone who stumbled across these forums after a few months of playing. Btw, I just found out about the shortcut to start on any hole you want, but normally I just play 18 holes all the way through and what I get is what I get. But I really would like to know if anyone has done better than -23 on crazygolf.

4 (edited by parasti 2010-12-23 18:55:35)

Hey wolfen,

Have you achieved a similar feat for Tricky Golf?  That course is known to be super difficult, I'm curious if anyone has ever actually completed it (if such a thing is even possible).

parasti wrote:

Hey wolfen,

Have you achieved a similar feat for Tricky Golf?  That course is known to be super difficult, I'm curious if anyone has ever actually completed it (if such a thing is even possible).

Unfortunately, I struggle with it like most people. There are a few holes I can finish though. (can't think of them right now) But I still have fun with it.

I'm still waiting for ChallengeSpaceYard to respond to this post to see if my score on crazygolf is a "world record" though. I plan on getting at least 26 under par eventually.

wolfen:
That's "crazy". I've never heard of such a low score. Nice work.
It's funny how some people really gravitate towards neverputt and just love to play it, whereas others (like myself) get hooked on neverball instead.

7 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2011-08-02 21:59:57)

Congratulations wolfen. You've taken the honor of many of these holes.

I haven't done a decent Single-Segment (SS) run myself, but I've claimed quite a few of these hole-in-ones myself. See the updated course page for more info.

Theoretically, it is possible to get a -30 if all the record scores were achieved in a SS run.

Tricky Golf continues to cause me trouble as well. I've only successfully beaten par on hole 15.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Thanks Challenge. The two strokes I got on hole 13 may never be done again. Could my scores make it onto the official records page? To see my name on that page would inspire me to keep playing even more, and try for the elusive -30. Although I don't think -30 is realistic, possibly -27 or so is within reach.

If it wasn't for that damn double bogey and a par that I normally birdie, I would have had -26. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Cheers.

Challenge Space Yard wrote:

I've only successfully beaten par on hole 15.

Btw, I've birdied 4 different holes on tricky golf. But then again, I play it all the time. wink

10 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2013-11-17 01:44:06)

-30 can be a bit extreme. One of the few SS runs I've recorded on any course was a -16 on the original course (and I imposed two additional rules at that time: a speed run, and no bogeys allowed). Reuploaded with a native tune.

Edit: As far as I'm aware, I'm the only individual hosting any kind of competition for Neverputt.

I like your neverputt competition.  Although I certainly can't do them sequentially, I can meet all of your low scores per hole, and can also get 2's on 10,14 and 18.  Want me to post videos?

Good luck with this course, and any other courses you attempt.

I do strongly encourage videos.

I posted videos for the three holes 10, 14, and 18.  You can find them on youtube.

Oh cool.  Thanks for the props on your web page, but I wanted to note one thing.  I've already worked Crazy golf pretty well, and my approach is very detailed and systematic.  My scores are very repeatable and I can post videos for any high scores (at least that I've seen so far).  Not really luck.

I also noticed you had a 3 on Crazy #15, so I posted a 2 for you record book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24LZBrNtw64

Cool site.

Dang. . I have to post par or better to get into your record book?
Curse you Tricky Golf!  I'll see what I can do.

17 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2011-03-23 16:28:19)

Yes. And based on the requirements I've set on beating par, Tricky Golf's hole 5 is presently unclaimable.

Edit: Wrong hole

This isn't good enough?  Birdie on Tricky # 6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3kELymMCE

Let's move to the tricky golf videos thread. . .

20 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2011-03-23 16:28:45)

Yuck! I referenced the wrong hole.

21 (edited by wolfen 2011-06-24 21:35:42)

protonspring wrote:

I also noticed you had a 3 on Crazy #15, so I posted a 2 for you record book.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24LZBrNtw64

Cool site.

I've done 15 in 2, but I don't have a vid of it. Me and a friend play neverputt religiously, and absolutely love it. On some courses, I'm fantastic, but others not so much. Then again, we havn't practiced as much on some of them.

Hey proton, let me see you do hole 13 in 2! It was sheer luck and may never be done again. But if anyone can, I bet it's you.