Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 811

Topic: Cap shots at 12? - Need opinions

I've currently finished a patch with more customizability for capping shots at 12.  It's best at 12, but for harder and/or longer levels the user may turn this off or extend the cap to 24, and even 48 if very, very long

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5930/capshotskz6.th.jpg

I'll release the diff or the entire tar.gz if this feature should be implemented

I need you input.  What do you think of this feature?

You'll also notice Collide other balls.  This is off-topic, but I'm also working on an other ball collision patch.  I'm not quite finished on that

Re: Cap shots at 12? - Need opinions

Why not? I sometimes whished I had more shots. But maybe change the menu entry to something like
"cap shots? (Off) (12) (24) (48)"
with the standard set to 12?

nue wrote:

Why not? I sometimes whished I had more shots. But maybe change the menu entry to something like
"cap shots? (Off) (12) (24) (48)"
with the standard set to 12?

This is a great idea!  I may adjust the menu to this, if else agrees

4 (edited by Krabby Krap 2007-10-23 00:42:11)

I've uploaded the multi-patch: download using RapidShare | download using BestSharing | patch for 1.4.0

In the patch contains the 12 cap patch and a not-working ball collision patch.  The cap patch works fine, but the collision is ineffective and only draws all of the balls.  Any more experienced programmer care to compensate?

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 814

Has anyone designed a neverputt level that REQUIRES MORE than 12 shots??

Most players are usually frustrated after 11 shots...  smile

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 811

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/neverforum.com/public_html/fmpbo/include/parser.php on line 814

Good stuff, Krabby Krap. I'd often found that the number of shots made it difficult for new players to get used to the holes.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

I also wish that 12 was not a fixed value, so I've also made a local change smile Now the cap value varies according to the par value per hole (high par implies high cap).
Not sure if anyone is interested, if so I can provide a patch.

In the present subversion, the cap is twelve (12) strokes or the par of the hole plus three (3), whichever is higher.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!

I know, I've applied the change also to the SVN version. But as a newbie sometimes it's hard to finish holes that have par 5 in less than 12 strokes, specially if you count the penalties tongue
So I've incremented the cap to something like 4 times the par of that specific hole. (The minimum is always 12).

I think double par is a better solution and it is more simple.
I posted a patch in a different thread in the neverputt forum.