Topic: Cap shots at 12? - Need opinions

I've currently finished a patch with more customizability for capping shots at 12.  It's best at 12, but for harder and/or longer levels the user may turn this off or extend the cap to 24, and even 48 if very, very long

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5930/capshotskz6.th.jpg

I'll release the diff or the entire tar.gz if this feature should be implemented

I need you input.  What do you think of this feature?

You'll also notice Collide other balls.  This is off-topic, but I'm also working on an other ball collision patch.  I'm not quite finished on that

Re: Cap shots at 12? - Need opinions

Why not? I sometimes whished I had more shots. But maybe change the menu entry to something like
"cap shots? (Off) (12) (24) (48)"
with the standard set to 12?

nue wrote:

Why not? I sometimes whished I had more shots. But maybe change the menu entry to something like
"cap shots? (Off) (12) (24) (48)"
with the standard set to 12?

This is a great idea!  I may adjust the menu to this, if else agrees

4 (edited by Krabby Krap 2007-10-23 00:42:11)

I've uploaded the multi-patch: download using RapidShare | download using BestSharing | patch for 1.4.0

In the patch contains the 12 cap patch and a not-working ball collision patch.  The cap patch works fine, but the collision is ineffective and only draws all of the balls.  Any more experienced programmer care to compensate?

Has anyone designed a neverputt level that REQUIRES MORE than 12 shots??

Most players are usually frustrated after 11 shots...  smile

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Good stuff, Krabby Krap. I'd often found that the number of shots made it difficult for new players to get used to the holes.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

I also wish that 12 was not a fixed value, so I've also made a local change smile Now the cap value varies according to the par value per hole (high par implies high cap).
Not sure if anyone is interested, if so I can provide a patch.

In the present subversion, the cap is twelve (12) strokes or the par of the hole plus three (3), whichever is higher.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

I know, I've applied the change also to the SVN version. But as a newbie sometimes it's hard to finish holes that have par 5 in less than 12 strokes, specially if you count the penalties tongue
So I've incremented the cap to something like 4 times the par of that specific hole. (The minimum is always 12).

I think double par is a better solution and it is more simple.
I posted a patch in a different thread in the neverputt forum.