Topic: How? (Neverball on iPhone)

How can i install never ball on my iphone? i have jaibreak done already

Re: How? (Neverball on iPhone)

Any one?????????

If I informed correctly the iphone version is not released yet. You have to wait.

There was an informal version, for pre-appstore iPhones, that was more of a technology demonstrator to determine if iPhones and their modern equivelants were finally capable of running Neverball.  This proved that it was.

The original author, Robert Kooima (rlk on the forums), requested that as this version was based on the original unmodified version of Neverball, that he retained licensed control.  I therefore transferred the source to him, to either develop further or to offer onto other platforms etc.. 

As to any current or future releases of Neverball, whilst I am able and willing to assist Robert in any way he wishes, it is no longer up to me, and I will not release any source code at this point in time without his agreement.  Evidently the future of Neverball on mobile devices is very very bright indeed, and I look forward to the day when the OpenGLES version can be modified and developed as a community.

I hope that this reply can put an end to questions of this type smile

to Robert Kooima. when where and how can we get this app for our iphone's?

There will be a port of 1.5.x neverball at some point in the near future as the original port was for 1.4, which is no longer supported.  The port will either be for iPhone 3gs or Pandora to start with I would think.

Does anybody mind if I bump this thread? Lazrhog, rlk, are you guys still developing this?

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Cheeseness wrote:

Does anybody mind if I bump this thread? Lazrhog, rlk, are you guys still developing this?

rlk is currently developing the iPad version of Neverball.  The iPad version of Neverputt is already released.  There are currently no immediate plans for an iPhone release of Neverball....

I still do not have my Pandora console, so nothing there yet.

Awesome. Thanks for the update Lazrhog.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere - I still haven't caught up on all the threads I've missed over the past two and a half years sad

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

10 (edited by gjtorikian 2010-10-13 06:13:58)

I would love to work on an Android port, if someone could (finally?) reveal the OpenGL ES port source. I am really not sure why after two years it's still hidden.

Edit: and I have experience developing Android apps--see www.shelvesforandroid.com

I'd also like to see an android version!!

Android port +1
Pandora port +2
Wii homebrew port +5,762,149  big_smile

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

You can guarantee that if the source code was released, there would be copies released everywhere, without any semblance of quality control.   What rlk is doing, is trying to instill some quality into the port, as things develop into the mobile arena.

I think this is a good thing.

Once the first port by rlk is done, then the floodgates will open, and many more ports can be made available on different platforms, assuming that the quality level is appropriate.  This is something that should be performed by those who love the game, and not by those who flit in, rip off the code and disappear.  I hope that comes across as it is meant, without people thinking I am being mean for not publicly releasing the source.

To be fair, the porting to OpenGLES is not difficult.  It only took me a week of working in evenings (and that was from having never even looked at the code before) ....  and there still isn't anything stopping anyone else performing that activity.