Topic: Neverputt HD (for iPad)

Found that someone had posted a video on youtube of my port of Neverputt running on the iPad.  Cool.   Runs really well.  Haven't had a chance to do my own video yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-skeuB7jOM

Re: Neverputt HD (for iPad)

I'm really confused.

According to the other thread(s) the source for the iPhone version hasn't / won't be released. So how is this port available?

Or have you and rlk packaged it up and put it on the iPad already, sans source?

I'm guessing here, but you can pay $99 (or thereabouts) for the iPhone/iPad dev kit to make your own apps, and since Neverball is opensource, you can simply compile it and away you go (but you must have the modified code, which I don't think has been released yet, but I'm not sure, since a few people obviously have it...).

This is NOT the same as the iTunes store.

Mac OS X Xcode project & package maintainer.

If you have some Neverball related files you need hosted somewhere, please send a me forum PM/email.

It's definitely in the iTunes store: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/sta … rId%253D30

(will open your iTunes app--if you're worried, I followed the link off the URL in the video: http://www.appbank.net/2010/07/13/ipad/141925.php)

As to the other point, I thought iPad/iPhone required OpenGL ES libs, whereas I think the current Neverball opened source is using another Open GL variant? I could very well be wrong here.

Woops, :-P last time I checked it hadn't been released... Only released July 5th.

Anyhow, HD probably only matters for iPhone 4 with the better screen, I would guess...?
Also the 3G might not be able to handle the extra processing?
Maybe support for iPhone 4 will be added?

Either way, I think that the HD version is actually different libraries as you suspect.

Are you wondering where the source code is?
I believe that Apple had/has(?) some restrictions on using their platform and related code, so that particular part might not be released under an open source license.

I may not totally have everything straight, but someone else on here should be able to shed a bit more light on the situation.

Mac OS X Xcode project & package maintainer.

If you have some Neverball related files you need hosted somewhere, please send a me forum PM/email.

The iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad ports of Neverputt (and an unofficial iPhone tech demo of Neverball) are ports of the original 1.4, released and worked on only by Robert Kooima (RLK), along with the maps provided by the community afterwards.  The source code was provided to RLK, as per the GPL.  RLK decided to close the source of this version for the time being, as is allowed by the GPL, as he wanted to control the quality of any future embedded/mobile release of Neverball.

The source code for the port of Neverputt to the iPad has also been provided to RLK to assist in an official iPad port of Neverball (although RLK doesn't need any help as he is supremely clever smile)

In the future, the plan is to release the OpenGLES source code of Neverball/Neverputt once the release meets RLKs (and everyone elses) very high expectations.

I hope that helps to clear things up....

Lazrhog wrote:

RLK doesn't need any help as he is supremely clever

He most certainly is. Neverball must be the most "returned to" game I have ever played (along with Q3A). Every few weeks I fire it up and try to get through one of MYMs levelsets.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy