Topic: Rainbow road - freestyle attempt

After many attempts, I have managed to get 2.5 laps (out of 3) of the rainbow road race (Medhi2 II) with my freestyle technique, which has the ball on the ground for only about 15% of the actual length of the course. My fall out happened at 1:33, so I think that I could finish this level in about 1:45.

Ugh, it makes me so tense!

(As a related side note, I'm collecting several interesting replays for the Nevertable... how soon until official Nevertable release?)

Re: Rainbow road - freestyle attempt

I tried a similar one on the shiny curvy road, and fell out after just missing the goal! grrrrr. mad

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Great Dave, good luck for your new freestyle smile

Ahh... did it today! Finished all 3 laps in good time with my super jumping freestyle techinque: 1:36! I'm very curious, mym - what is your current best time on this level? I might actually have set a new speed record...

5 (edited by haexxlor 2009-03-22 18:46:00)

You did it, congratulations! Could you upload the replay (beta table (but i see you are not registered yet), rapidshare etc) and give us a link, i am very curious to see what freestyle technique you use! smile

Dave wrote:

(As a related side note, I'm collecting several interesting replays for the Nevertable... how soon until official Nevertable release?)

I know exactly what you mean...

Dave, I didn't attempt any best time on this level ^^
I've slowed down my training these last months.
But I'm sure I'll try some runs on the contest.

BTW, I'm also eager to have a look at your performance!

Me too wink ... When is the table going to be official?

Okay, I finally registered for the new table and uploaded the replay. So, once mym validates it, you can see it!

Done big_smile
Impressive and clever, once again!
Both jumps are not easy to do.
Your last "lap" seems to be the harder one, but you handle the ball and all timings very well, well done!

Thanks mym! It is indeed hard to perform the same series of tricks multiple times in a row - the last lap was  close to failure a couple of times (the ball shadow actually goes past the edge of the ground, but manages to pull back just in time on the first jump, and the second jump ends up hitting the edge a little bit)

Still, all in all, a pretty good freestyle, and maybe a tough record to beat? I can only hope so, since ironically, I don't have the patience to try and get a decent speed record playing it the "normal" way... smile

You play your way and you're right to do so wink
I guess Elviz or haexxlor will attempt to beat your record using your own technique or some improvements ^^ (I know there are good at improving shortcuts/tricks)