Topic: NeverBall on the iPhone/ipodtouch

I don't know very much about developing but I think it would be one extremely popular game if someone was able to port neverball over to the iphone/ipodtouch. Tilting the iphone to control the ball would be amazing. How does my idea sound?

Re: NeverBall on the iPhone/ipodtouch

This port has already been started... Not sure if it's finish, though.

Redirect: http://www.nevercorner.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1487

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

rlk is going to be releasing Neverball for the iPhone himself probably early to mid November.

So what was the story here? Did it ever get to a point where it could be released, or is there more porting to be done?

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

5 (edited by Lazrhog 2009-02-13 18:41:46)

I e-mailed rlk, about when he wanted to do some work on it, but he never got back to me sad

I gave him the source code, but that was for a slightly older build.  It runs great now I have made some improvements to the scheduling (running neverball as a thread rather than interrupt driven).  However, I will not be releasing Neverball, and it is up to rlk if, and when that ever happens.  Any source code release for Neverball and Neverputt is also completely down to rlk.

I have been looking over the 1.5 source code and for future reference, and I can convert it to OpenGLES just as easily as the first version, so at least it is future proof in terms of mobile devices.

I just guess rlk has got a lot on his plate with the move and all ...

No worries. I'd had a few people quizzing me about it.

Do you have plans to port 1.5.x?

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

I will update the OpenGL ES version to 1.5 at some point, but I wouldn't release it on any platform, except maybe pandora.  I would release it to you guys as source code (if rlk said it was ok), then at least what happens to it then is up to the community.

8 (edited by themacmeister 2009-02-15 11:47:10)

The Pandora version would ROCK! Does anyone know when the retail version of Pandora is to be released?

It's still in production right?

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

yeah it is, you can keep up to date on www.gp32x.com.  I think that because the pandora is way more powerful than anything else, all the graphical bells and whistles will be possible too.  Thats the hope anyway....

to Robert Kooima. when where and how can we get this app for our iphone's?