Topic: Mym2 17: leaving the glass box

Well, I've played mym's second level set, and I think I've discovered a mistake in level 17:

[img=http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6024/mym217kv3.th.jpg]

You just have to be fast enough, and you are able to use the gaps for leaving this thing.

Re: Mym2 17: leaving the glass box

Impressive ! I don't understand how you can do that, even with speed.
Could you send me a replay please ?

3 (edited by elessar_isilra 2007-11-10 19:56:00)

Well, I'll upload it in this pastebin:

http://www.pastebin.ca/768660

The text should be copied into a replay file (*.nbr) and moved into the directory "%APPDATA%/Neverball-dev" (in SVN, Windows).

I just did the opposite of that what mym said in the intro message: I permanently pressed. The ball became faster and faster, and when it was fast enough, it rolled through the glass wall. If a gap is in front of it, the edge will slow down the ball.

I used to wait until the dip to get out of the box smile

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

5 (edited by elessar_isilra 2007-11-11 09:33:10)

I've just noticed that it's possible to leave the glass box at the beginning by permanently slowing down. I did that now, collected enough coins, jumped on top of the box and waited until it brought me to the goal. Another kind of freestyle big_smile !

What frame rate do you run the game at? This sounds more like a physics bugs due to high frame rate. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I thought the main game loop ran in a different thread to the renderer so that we avoided that problem (or was that proposed?).

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Well, I don't really know how to show the frame rate in Neverball. I'll post it as soon as somebody says it.

Hit F9 during gameplay to toggle the FPS counter.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

About 160 fps.