Topic: Mehdi 3 Freestyle replay

I've added a Mehdi 3 replay that shows me, using no angled acceleration, being able to walk up the snow slope with using the aerial tram only once. You can find the replay here. I noticed unusual camera and movement bugs. This was made with vanilla Mehdi's Levels.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Re: Mehdi 3 Freestyle replay

Challenge Space Yard wrote:

I've added a Mehdi 3 replay that shows me, using no angled acceleration, being able to walk up the snow slope with using the aerial tram only once.

Did you take a look at replays such as these: 1, 2 and 3? They all feature the ball going up the slope, even getting all coins completely without the use of the ski lift.

I noticed unusual camera and movement bugs. This was made with vanilla Mehdi's Levels.

Try playing at a higher frames-per-second rate (turn off vertical synchronization). This fixed a ton of replay problems for me.

CSY,
You've got the freestyle seeds planted and sprouting - keep at it and you'll soon be having a good crop of freestyles! That was a strange analogy...

Even though you are claiming not to use angled accel, you really do - everytime that you are pushing the mouse(tilting the board) at an angle other than straight ahead or to the side or back, you are utilizing it to some degree. There are moments when you are using quite a bit of it. One doesn't have to use the manual cam to use angled accel, but the maximum effect can be achieved with that camera mode.

4 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2007-04-14 00:02:00)

Forgot about those. Besides, I only take other freestyle replays into account. Maybe I should include the others then. Out of freestyle ideas again, so don't expect another replay to crop up anytime soon.

EDIT: Dang! Dave posted while I did this reply.

Dave wrote:

Even though you are claiming not to use angled accel, you really do - everytime that you are pushing the mouse(tilting the board) at an angle other than straight ahead or to the side or back, you are utilizing it to some degree. There are moments when you are using quite a bit of it. One doesn't have to use the manual cam to use angled accel, but the maximum effect can be achieved with that camera mode.

I didn't really count that one, since the angled acceleration was not used to speed the ball further upwards. Just to navigate around the slope road. As this was already attempted by other users, it cannot be in the table.

Whoa, we both used the word "crop". Jinx! smile

Dave wrote:

Whoa, we both used the word "crop". Jinx! smile

When I was just about to post that reply just above you, you already did that reply! Sometimes, this makes my core want to blow, especially when I'm already having CSY Levels shooting my pressure through the roof, because I don't know whether I need to improve it or not so that it can go in the next version of Neverball when it is ready.

Challenge Space Yard wrote:

... because I don't know whether I need to improve it or not so that it can go in the next version of Neverball when it is ready.

I'll try and leave you some feedback soon. I haven't played the last couple of versions... If only I had more time for Neverball - school and family keeps me very busy!