Re: Mac OS X binaries of SVN version

Was I right?

Mac OS X Xcode project & package maintainer.

If you have some Neverball related files you need hosted somewhere, please send a me forum PM/email.

202 (edited by themacmeister 2009-04-23 07:48:44)

The filename was 1.5.1, the mounted disk name was 1.5.0 (before)

I will try the new one before reinstalling WinXP.

The disk image is a megabyte bigger, so I reckon we're safe!

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Mac package is broken... Some strange bug causes Neverputt not to be installed, but the 'Contents' folder for it shows up in /Applications instead... I have no idea why... Stupid buggy PackageMaker...
I will try to fix soon.

If you have some Neverball related files you need hosted somewhere, please send a me forum PM/email.

I no longer have OSX86 installed - sorry, can no longer help with OSX related testing.

Currently Playing:

No wurries.

r3048 uploaded.

207 (edited by themacmeister 2010-08-04 06:43:41)

I just had great success installing latest OSX binary (1.5.3?) under Hackintosh 10.6.4

Have not tried in 64bit mode - but I assume some required library is not 64bit clean yet.

Cheers - the installer worked flawlessly btw!

EDIT: oops, version number mistake for OSX binary...

Currently Playing:

themacmeister wrote:

Cheers - the installer worked flawlessly btw!

I know, it seems randomly broken for a few select people. I still don't know why, but in any event, I want to fix it in a future release.

2009-08-25 09:33:20

r3048 uploaded.

That can't be correct? Nearly a year ago?

Currently Playing:

Mhh, yea. I desperately want to get back into working on NB, I haven't been able to work up the motivation though.

211 (edited by gjtorikian 2011-03-15 06:08:19)

F--wrong thread. ignore me.

212 (edited by ht-never 2012-07-18 17:23:25)

~DEV

213 (edited by jammnrose 2012-10-12 18:36:58)

Check the main post for r3481. This is a non-packaged, non-release version (devel version, but not a debug version). Unzip and run in place. 5 files in the zip, the two ".app"'s, the data and locale folders, and mapc.
Let me know if you have any issues. Requires Mac OS X 10.6+.

EDIT: Reuploaded. Turns out I wasn't properly setting the search path for the SDL frameworks that are included in the application bundle. Should be working now.

You are BACK ON THE PAYROLL jammnrose!

Excellent work, testing shortly.

Currently Playing:

Running well on 10.7.5 (256MB Radeon 4670 HD). Could someone with 10.6 check if you can launch it in 32bit mode (under Get Info).

Currently Playing:

I should actually note here that this version I uploaded is 64bit only. In the future I'll upload 32/64 bit, and leave the 64 bit only for the debug version.
I did compile with 32bit enabled and tested it on a 10.6 laptop that I have from ~2006. Seemed to work fine.
I run a pretty beastly iMac now as my main machine. Neverball@2560x1440 looks stunning.
Sadly, I don't have a mac with a retina screen to test with.

217 (edited by Cheeseness 2013-03-29 08:22:25)

How do people feel about the idea of getting links to the SVN build threads up on the website? They're currently not visible to newcomers who haven't discovered the forum yet, and with modern Macintoshes not supporting the latest release build, it'd be nice to have at least something to offer Mac users.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Just a nudge here to mention that rlk's been working on VR (Oculus Rift) support and we're keen to get some builds up for and feedback from testing smile

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

219 (edited by themacmeister 2017-10-27 13:54:18)

Here is a Wineskin wrapper containing Neverball 1.6.0 for Mac OS X 10.9 up to macOS 10.13 :-D

https://mega.nz/#!RARyGAwZ!gtGV4_sJZWgS … GeS90XDr3k

It is currently set at 1920x1080 4xAA fullscreen... you will need to delete prefs file and restart with auto screen settings to change... for fullscreen, set to override at exact resolution (if available)... see original settings for how to do this...

oh, and here's Neverputt too...

https://mega.nz/#!AZoXhKRR!b2rJsARjKeAr … jw6I6OS6oI

Currently Playing: