Topic: tag too long

Shino, I tried to post some tags, but even short tags cannot be posted, a message inform me they are too long.
The first one passed, but not the next ones.

Re: tag too long

A very strange bug. With a test of a small tag, php says : (8 > 1024) -> true !

Well, computers are never wrong...

Exactly the same code works on my localhost. I can't reproduce the bug... I'll try to test some other things. Definitely strange.

Try cleaning the tagboard first of some of its older tags, as this board may have hit its current limit.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

This problem with the tagboard is still around... I can't post anything. "Tag too long" regardless of actual length, even just 3 words!

Tagboard should really work now wink

Dave wrote:

Well, computers are never wrong...

That is actually true, but sometimes the programmers are wrong

That statement was meant to be dripping with sarcasm, but, of course, such things are often lost in written communications. Computers are only ever as right or wrong as the person that programmed it. (And so, yes, they *can* be wrong! 8 is not actually greater than 1024!)

10 (edited by Krabby Krap 2007-10-21 04:44:04)

Dave wrote:

That statement was meant to be dripping with sarcasm, but, of course, such things are often lost in written communications. Computers are only ever as right or wrong as the person that programmed it. (And so, yes, they *can* be wrong! 8 is not actually greater than 1024!)

Yes, but the computer was right by doing what the programmer said.  The programmer was wrong.

I suppose you could say the computer was wrong by saying 8 > 1024, but I still have my thoughts...

Dave wrote:

8 is not actually greater than 1024!

Lexographically, it is ;p

That's very sophomoric, Morosoph! (sorry, it's not really, but your name *made* me say it!) Ok, it's late, I better go to bed!