Re: nik's levels sets

how to make levels for neverputt

52 (edited by kuskov_2005nik 2019-04-26 11:15:22)

I remembered one interesting background about which he forgot this background klm and I thought to make 5-6 levels with it

Post's attachments

drops2.png 190.95 kb, 12 downloads since 2019-04-26 

53 (edited by kuskov_2005nik 2019-04-26 11:17:05)

also thinking of doing remixes ...

Post's attachments

sierpinski2.png 41.02 kb, 14 downloads since 2019-04-26 

54 (edited by KodeBreaker 2019-04-26 15:30:31)

The Sierpinski remix looks hard... which is good because it looks like a good challenge for me. smile

Download my levels here: http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=3147
Progress: 74/100

Sierpiński is Polish. Like me!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
NEVERBRICK

I'm a Dube do
toohalfs2
transformer2
arena2
labyrinth2
glass_run2
icorners3
liftjamp2

Levels with small sets.
Have to say I'll have remixes about very much

58 (edited by kuskov_2005nik 2019-04-30 04:56:16)

By the way I'll announce the release dates sets in May

Most likely the first set will be released on June 10
And the fifth set will be released on October 18 just to the exit of the 15th season of my favorite American television series

levels are already here first post

60 (edited by KodeBreaker 2019-06-16 22:41:18)

I just played through all the levels in your set, the ideas are good but there are a lot of problems. I hope you tested the levels yourself because half of these levels are impossible.

Here are the changes that must happen:

03: Give the platforms a second or two when they go down so the ball can get on.

06: You need to have some sort of hints for the invisible parts like Hard 15 or TDF 06; otherwise it's impossible.

07: Not enough time to get all coins, time needs to be extended to at least 30 seconds. Also wrong edge texture used, should be edge-purple-check.
(To do that, go to Tools, Find & Replace, then type edge2-purple-check for Find and edge-purple-check for Replace. Then press Apply)

08: Very broken level. First it doesn't even have target_deathmatch, making the level impossible; even if there was, the goal count is 50 when there is only 38 coins. And I think there's something wrong the first and third goal platforms because they go too low. Lastly the edge texture should be edge2-brown.

10: The clocks are impossible to get and the time is too short. The thwomp clips through the platform, and the platform goes too fast to collect the yellow coins. Also, there is no poof-violet.

11: Replace red textures with turf-green-check too look better. I don't like that you have to get all coins either.

12: Also could use better textures

13 Replace coin textures to coin-green-dark. Also don't like that you have to get all coins.

15: Time is too short. Also should be city environment.

16: The level doesn't function well, the second jump is hard to do.

17: Time is too short, needs more clocks or extend the time.

19: The side textures are visible n the arrows.

20: There are a lot of thing wrong with this level, the jumps are hard and the platform is impossible. Also the last row should have the same background.

I: Ball should not start on the goal. Also teleporter above blue coins should be a detail brush.

II: Not possible

III: The other switches doesn't stop the platform.

IV: Good, but should be in city environment.

V: Also good, but too short and easy.

First, I would like to point out that you can set the grid to 0.125, zoom way in on the XZ or YZ orthographic views, and then move a given texture just a little bit above another.

MY critiques:

• 03: This is a nice challenge for someone of my skill but it is not easy. I would suggest letting the platforms pause for a second or two, but more importantly, I would change the yellow coins into 5s so they are not redundant. Also, I would add a little more time.

• 04: The edge textures flicker; you should move those 0.125 units up using the trick mentioned above.

• 05: I have seen something like this before... although I would suggest either making the switch textures detail brushes, or else making a gray platform under the switch decals.

• 06: Yep, there should be some kind of indication, however subtle, of where the platforms are.

• 07: Rotate your entire map 180 degrees -- the ball should generally start facing in the direction you are going to move (positive Y/green axis in Radiant). Also, if you could just put a 15-second clock (or four 5-second clocks) somewhere -- I can't get all the coins!

• 08-11: my concerns have already been stated

• II: I see how this is supposed to work, but there should be a platform you can stand on before attempting the final jump.

• 12: This is the second level I've played with a 500-second timer -- what is the deal with that?

• III: It moves TOO FAST. There should probably be a 1-2 second pause OR it should move a little slower. It almost makes me dizzy.

• 13: sOmE oF yOuR cOiN pAdS are flickering... but the rest are not, nice!

• 14: It's not obvious that you HAVE to collect the five... you should state that in the intro like "You have to get all\the coins to win."

• 15: Who said this level was too short again? (See replay)

• 16: I disagree with KodeBreaker -- I did it first try. I am not sure what the weird things that moved around are (when I was on the final platform).

• IV: There should be some sort of roof to walk on to get all the coins, with plenty of holes so you can jump down. 20 minutes with all the clocks is a bit excessive.

• 17: I would have to agree. Change the two center clocks to 30's (so they give a minute total).

• 18: The 1 looks like a 7. Make the top bar shorter (it looks like it's 3 "pixels" wide, make it 2).

• 20: I Can Not Make The First Jump. There should be more space to accelerate and a bigger ramp.

• V: Too easy

http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?pid=34398  The Levels Are Here!!!

Name pronounced /tʃə.ˈmɑd/ ("chuh-mod") followed by the digits "seven zero zero".

62 (edited by kuskov_2005nik 2019-06-17 14:44:42)

I'm sorry. I promise I'll fix it.
and it is better to delete what I took off
I haven't been feeling well lately and I forgot to check it out.
I'll fix it !!!

Where r the levels?

Download the Neverball Extreme Tetralogy at http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?id=3276 or on my website.

I've removed this misunderstanding
wait a little while until I fix it

65 (edited by kuskov_2005nik 2019-06-18 09:07:00)

but I didn't understand a few criticisms :
13:your pendants flicker
ii:impossible

Post's attachments

none-00_16.nbr 149.11 kb, 6 downloads since 2019-06-18 

Level editing documents are available in github.

lazy to add more level links.
I am a Neverball expert and I created bunch of levels.

67 (edited by kuskov_2005nik 2019-06-19 12:42:35)

I'll release the levels myself when I edit
By the way I'm almost done
it remains to deal with 10,20 and 4

Post's attachments

screen00125.png 53.38 kb, 6 downloads since 2019-06-19 

screen00126.png 264.9 kb, 5 downloads since 2019-06-19 

screen00131.png 358.58 kb, 5 downloads since 2019-06-19 

thanks for the criticism otherwise I wouldn't know
by the way I still think I can give progress to other sets
release the levels and wait for your opinion

Ok
I'm waiting for the fixed set(s) and looking forward to try them

Cheers
dtb

kuskov_2005nik wrote:

but I didn't understand a few criticisms :
13:your pendants flicker
ii:impossible

It's possible, the problem was that coin brush was clipping through another brush. (See image below.)

Post's attachments

ClippingProblem.PNG, 100.42 kb, 513 x 238
ClippingProblem.PNG 100.42 kb, 12 downloads since 2019-06-20 

Here is a edited version of that level if you want to use or make reference to:

Post's attachments

inviswalls2.map 24.81 kb, 13 downloads since 2019-06-20 

I've already figured it out.
i really had an idea with other coins but these look better
Thank you

I've sorted out level 20

A good rule of thumb for making any level is that you should be able to beat every single level twice before you post it. (Of course, when I make my hard set, I will completely scrap this rule because I have insufficient skills to beat really hard levels...) Beating a level a second time means that it was not some lucky one-off fluke that you will never be able to recreate again (e.g. a weird jump).

http://neverforum.com/fmpbo/viewtopic.php?pid=34398  The Levels Are Here!!!

Name pronounced /tʃə.ˈmɑd/ ("chuh-mod") followed by the digits "seven zero zero".

Is 2holes a bit short? Also I am making a never putt course too called project glass BTW  maybe this name will change

lazy to add more level links.
I am a Neverball expert and I created bunch of levels.