Topic: We are back - Thank you vidski

It feels good to be back, a big thanks to vidski and everyone involved with the rebirth. Love the dark theme!

A few things I noticed while browsing:

- Profile Settings > The timezone drop down is partly covering "Must be set for correct time display."

- "GitHub" and "Official site" links should open in new tabs.

Will you re-host the table as well in the near future?

2 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2017-01-21 15:15:42)

Re: We are back - Thank you vidski

Agreed. It is nice to be back. I have noticed these issues while I was making my way back.

• The text is unusually small, at the default zoom level (1920x1080)

• The "error" window that pops up now and then has text that is rendered unreadable due to the choice of colors

Looks like I will be updating Neverputt Calendar and Nevergalaxy, so that I can share the news!

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Right on guys for pointing those out...

The github and official site should open in new tabs now.   I  noticed an error/warning related to an outdated parsing function which I fixed with a newer copy of the particular .php that was generating the issue.   I’ve checked with firefox, opera, midori and no longer get any error so I’m hoping this is the same error and fix for what CSY experienced...  if not let me know.  Still need to look into the profile drop down and font sizes.

Ironic though it may be, I really really suck at  actually playing neverball, which means I’m not terribly familiar with the nevertable stuff.  Brushing up on php, sql, css, and various other forum hosting necessities took a decent chunk out of my work week,  so I may slow down here for several days so I can catch up there.  I do ultimately plan on hosting the nevertable, but once its up I’ll need volunteer(s) for doing whatever  is involved with keeping it up to date.

Most important thing is that we have a forum again. Our next priority is getting the community active and bringing in new people.  I have some personal theories about why everything became a ghost town after the 1.6 release, as well as some potential plans and ideas to get things going again...  will type them up and post soon to see what you guys think.

What  can I say, feels a bit like a home-coming ...I've really missed this busy little place on the Net
Thanks for making it possible!

Cheers
dtb

Guess it's about time to update the link on the main page (neverball.org) which is still carrying the broken link to Nevercorner.net  to the now revitalized and relevant: Neverforum.com

Definitely revitalized,  hopefully we can make it relevant again.  I’m not sure who setup and is hosting the official site though.

Never thought I'd see the day. Good stuff, vidski. A lot of history here.

Just passing by to say that Challenge Space Yard's updates to neverball.org are live now. The forum is now linked to from the main site.

Likewise, uneasy feelings were creeping on me when August 2016 ended without any sign of Neverforum returning.

There still remains an outdated link to the ancient Nevercorner from our Freenode chat channel (#neverball).

While crafting this post, I have noticed that unvisited links are almost completely blended in with the rest of the text. This makes new links very easy to miss.

yeah I might have to bag this theme and go back to something a little more traditional...  I like the dark background as it's a nice change from the standard black text on white that the vast majority of forums out there use, but then again I suppose there's a reason for that.

I'm going to poke around a little more but the CSS for this theme, the format got messed up and its essentially a bunch of code all crammed into one massive run-on sentence.  If I can find a nice little editing app that does a decent job of reorganizing it that would be nice, otherwise I'll likely use a different theme.

Thanks parasti for updating the link on neverball.org, that will definitely help us get things going again.

I hopped on Freenode only to realize my account there has expired. Nothing I can do to help.

11 (edited by GunChleoc 2017-01-31 10:24:53)

It's good to be back smile

I managed to circumvent the too-small-text issue for now by hitting Ctrl+ twice.

We have had a few new translators join the team since the forum went down, so we definitely still have some activity on the project.

Not works images opening

Have to be signed in to forum to download images uploaded as attachments.

Are the annoyingly small size issues better now for you guys?

15 (edited by GunChleoc 2017-02-07 17:22:56)

No, I still have to hit CTRL+ twice in order to be able to read the text in posts, and then it's still quite small.

Oh, and attachments have a white background, it needs to be black.

Size comparison screenshot between standard phpBB and this forum in the attachment. What phpBB has is the minimum that's easy to read.

Post's attachments

neverforum_size.png 12.7 kb, 2 downloads since 2017-02-07 

It is a little easier to read, but the text is still somewhat small at 100% zoom level.

Also, the text box where we write our posts has become narrow, especially for the default height. I am not used to seeing something this narrow.

17 (edited by GunChleoc 2017-02-08 10:49:16)

Much better - I can read it at 100% now. Post text could still be a wee bit bigger though, I'm still straining a bit. It looks OK at 110%.

Same here. Much easier to read now.

Maybe we should disable guest posting. At the moment, it's simply confusing because we don't know who's talking, but we can also expect spam in the future.

By guest, do you mean anonymous viewers?   I’ve pretty much left all the settings and whatnot as they were during the nevercorner.net days which required people to be registered and logged in to make new posts and submit replies.

Small size issues are much better now, yet font size could still be larger imo. Downloadable content is still hard to identify due to white window/background

Is guest posting possible at all?

Cheers

dtb

Actually no, the layout confused me and I didn't see the username. All good smile

Once again, I would like to bring to the surface that unvisited links are nearly invisible to a viewer in a post.

Without being able to distinguish links from the rest of the text, it is virtually impossible to identify a link (example) in the text.

Yeah my apologies,  I’m over here slacking due to an upcoming deadline at work.  I still need to change attachment background color too.

If you edit your posts and change the text portion of your link to whatever color you would like it should make for a decent workaround.

[url=http://www.neverforum.com/][color=blue] NeverForum [/color][/url] 

25 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2017-02-28 19:46:00)

Take your time. On the other hand, if I can understand how the styles work, I might be able to lend a hand.