Topic: Neverputt 1.6 on Ubuntu

Hello,

I used to play to Neverputt on Ubuntu. It's 1.5 version which is proposed. 1.6 version could be compiled ?

Tux aka DJ Seb

Re: Neverputt 1.6 on Ubuntu

I'm succeed in compiling 1.6 on Ubuntu ... but it works only with administrator rights :-(
And I don't know how to make .deb files ... any candidate to do it ?

Nobody ? 1.6 version comes with new amazing paths ... it would be a good idea to compile it ... please !

Sorry, I don't know enough about compiling .deb packages. It obviously needs to be linked to all dependant libraries etc. You should be able to use Synaptic or similar to get all you require to compile your own .deb of Neverputt 1.6. Use the man/info page to get started.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

tuxakdjseb wrote:

I'm succeed in compiling 1.6 on Ubuntu ... but it works only with administrator rights :-(
And I don't know how to make .deb files ... any candidate to do it ?

~ when you launch game from terminal, try with sudo

~ or just change permissions of the entire directory from which you extracted and compiled the game
         chmod -R 777 /path_to_game_directory

I of course don't know the details of your particular setup and your previous knowledge/experience with linux so these quick suggestions may be useless, or things you have already tried.

Im surprised you were not able to install newest version through ubuntus native software installer, I was under the assumption that ubuntus popularity was partly due to its massive and easy to use software repositories.

I'm pretty sure 1.6.x of Neverball AND Neverputt are unavailable on many distro's repositories.

Until the SDL2 fullscreen problems (and possibly other issues) are sorted out, it may be for the best.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=neverputt

Neverball 1.6 is available in Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn) and later.

themacmeister wrote:

Until the SDL2 fullscreen problems

I'm not aware of any, can you explain?

Thanx a lot Parasti !

Sébastien