Topic: Right mouse button to escape from menus in fullscreen

Due to disability I use a mouse only (onscreen keyboard also).  The game is terrific when played with the mouse only, but in fullscreen mode there's no way to escape from menus.  Playing in a window with an onscreen keyboard on the side just for the occasional Esc key is the unfortunate workaround.

Suggestion:
In menus, right mouse button performs Escape.

Re: Right mouse button to escape from menus in fullscreen

I agree with you to, the idea that right mouse button performs escape, I also use mouse ( keyboard and touch-pad too). This makes the game more convenient, and fully maneuverable with just the mouse, as it is with the keyboard smile

¿what´s up? *Gus

3 (edited by armanelgtron 2014-09-13 23:39:23)

yoyoma2 wrote:

Suggestion:
In menus, right mouse button performs Escape.

There are back buttons in menus, however there is no way to exit out of a level with the mouse.
So the suggestion would be to have the scroll on a mouse change cameras and the middle button trigger escape.

armanelgtron wrote:

There are back buttons in menus

At the end of any level, the menu has the "Save Replay", "Retry Level", "Next Level" choices.  There is no "Back" button.  Right mouse button here to perform Esc would be perfect.  Alternatively a "Select Level" button could be added since that's what Esc does here.

5 (edited by themacmeister 2014-09-14 08:58:22)

I think middle-mouse click is the hardest to accidentally click. Left and right mouse button for camera rotation is the standard too.

If this goes ahead, I vote for middle-mouse click for escape.

PS. I find the mouse-driven UI a little too fiddly to navigate, especially with missed clicks, and activation of selected buttons when not directly clicked on (I've done this FAR TOO MANY TIMES).

An escape mouse button press, which would take you all the way back to the home menu (and even QUIT) would be most welcomed by me.

Edit: If it is just for in the menus, I guess the right mouse button click would be acceptable.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

themacmeister wrote:

PS. I find the mouse-driven UI a little too fiddly to navigate, especially with missed clicks, and activation of selected buttons when not directly clicked on (I've done this FAR TOO MANY TIMES).

Are you still on 1.5 by any chance? 1.6 doesn't have those problems anymore.

could be, I have multiple installs running at once :-/

Only have 1.6 on Mac, both beta versions I think.

sad to admit that I do not play neverX as much as I used to... I need to start afresh with keyboard control, I am finding the mouse too hard these days. I still play Reshaun's putt course tho, I love it!

Currently Playing:

The source for a working version of this suggestion (right mouse button performs Esc in menus) is available on github.com/yoyoma2/neverball.  During neverball gameplay, right mouse button rotates the camera so holding the right mouse button for 3.5s (configurable) performs Esc.  It works nicely and IMHO this or something similar could be put into the official version to allow mouse only gameplay.

@yoyoma2 - I hope it isn't 3.5s in the menus smile

Currently Playing: