1 (edited by dtb 2014-05-22 09:00:31)

Topic: Updating the Nevertable for 1.6.0

nue wrote:

Nice to see you again! Come join the race for 1.6.0 records, for old times' sake ;-) !

By the way...  what changes will there be for/on the Nevertable concerning the release of 1.6.0?

By now it still says "Only Neverball 1.5.x and Nuncabola replays of 6 official sets are supported at the moment."

I suppose that
1.) naturally replays of 1.6.0 will be allowed as well now and
2.) replays for levels of tones' set will finally enter the contest, right?
3.) If so, what about replays of tones' set done with an earlier version - will they also be admitted then on the Nevertable? (...you know, I've already got all-coin-records for all levels tongue )

...perhaps "this questionnaire" should be moved and turned into a new thread hmm

Re: Updating the Nevertable for 1.6.0

One other thing is that the contest needs to be reset for a number of existing levels whose maps have changed in a way that breaks 1.5.4-based replays.

These are:

• Easy 04 (map-easy/fence.map)

• Easy 18 (map-easy/curved.map)

• Hard 05 (map-hard/rampup.map)

• Hard II (map-hard/nostairs.map)

• Nevermania 07 (map-fwp/spacetime.map)

• Nevermania 08 (map-fwp/museum.map)

• Nevermania 09 (map-fwp/mountains.map)

• Nevermania 13 (map-fwp/rails.map)

• Nevermania 15 (map-fwp/ufo.map)

• Nevermania 16 (map-fwp/adventure.map)

When it comes to updating the level shots, most can simply be copied from the Neverball Git repository, except for the Nevermania shots which are PNGs while I think the Nevertable requires JPEGs. shino, if you don't want to convert the latter yourself, you can use these.

@Shino: Let me know if I can help out with updating the table. I know there will be some lively competition once that happens. big_smile

Nevermania shots updated, thanks Elviz !
Speech was changed too to add Neverball 1.6 in allowed replays.
What would you like to do exactly with broken replay, do we delete them completely ? If it's the case, and if you want to help tones, you can trash them :-)

Just uploaded a replay of Easy 04 done in 1.6, i guess you can keep that on hold for now.
Really looking forward to when we can upload runs of Tones' levels smile

Couldn't find my 0:03''63 replays of Easy 04 on the table, so i figured you are not accepting 1.5.x replays of the above mentioned levels anymore?! If so, there should be a notice in the description just before the spoiler alert, and the old replays need to be saved somewhere.

Also, where did the rssincoming.php go to?

7 (edited by dtb 2014-07-11 23:37:37)

haexxlor wrote:

Couldn't find my 0:03''63 replays of Easy 04 on the table, so i figured you are not accepting 1.5.x replays of the above mentioned levels anymore?! If so, there should be a notice in the description just before the spoiler alert, and the old replays need to be saved somewhere.

Also, where did the rssincoming.php go to?

I guess it's finally made its way on to the table (but it's 0:03"64 ....right?).

I think that 1.5.4 replays will still be accepted for a long time (otherwise there would be so many records to get annulled).

Finally it would really be about time by now to somehow introduce tones' levels into the official competition... I mean, hey - they've become official now as well ;-)

Cheers

dtb

Just a couple days after the 3"64 i uploaded a 3"63 (done in 1.5.4), but it is not there (also checked the "Personal" ones).
So i uploaded a 1.6 one today wink

dtb wrote:

I think that 1.5.4 replays will still be accepted for a long time (otherwise there would be so many records to get annulled).

Oh, i was only talking about the levels mentioned in Elvis' post.

dtb wrote:

Finally it would really be about time by now to somehow introduce tones' levels into the official competition... I mean, hey - they've become official now as well ;-)

I feel you, am really looking forward to it smile. Still have to get the replays that i did on my old computer (really hope the HDD is still working sad)

Cheers!

9 (edited by dtb 2014-07-16 09:10:37)

Hope that all of my old "all-coins-records" for tones' levels will be accepted in the new competition! Damn... certainly my glorious replay of "bumperoo" (now level no. 12) where I finally got all 59 coins won't be admitted because in its current "official" version there are only 58 coins anymore hmm

@tones ....btw. why did you remove 1 coin from the last ramp?

Is there an ETA as to when we will be able to upload replays of Tones' set?

...seems as if everybody's on holiday or so, but this thread is still a real talkative one compared to others!

In this regard: Happy anniversary, dear Technical support - thread, one year of solitude should be enough sad

haexxlor wrote:

Is there an ETA as to when we will be able to upload replays of Tones' set?

Well, it's called Nevertable for a reason. tongue