Re: Neverball 1.6.0 is out

Oh, the "exclamation mark"!

That means that the game can't find its data. That is strange. I have been playing the Windows build on Windows 7 without a problem. So the data-1.6.0.pk3 file should work. Here's something to try: navigate to Documents\My Games\Neverball and post your neverball.log file. Maybe there's a clue there.

I wonder if it's a localization issue? I am using the English version of Windows.

Problem resolved smile, the file must have been surely see zip but for some reason was in another format, I changed it, now work to perfection in gameplay! . As for the graphics do not look good, Here you have some photos, I do not wanna get out much of topic about the problems that I have, I hope can solve.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10408044_625012307594506_3240515256017481377_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10295808_625013074261096_6361908692994943766_n.jpg

¿what´s up? *Gus

Update your graphics drivers. I know this sounds like useless advice, but it most likely will help.

The Spanish and Portuguese translations are only 79% complete. There may be some missing translations unfortunately.

I have no idea why the .pk3 file works as a .zip. It should not matter either way.

Edit: But both translations do have "Back" translated. It is as if the game can't find the locale data either...? Do you perhaps have an anti-virus program that interferes with files randomly?

29 (edited by GunChleoc 2014-05-23 07:33:51)

nevermind, parasti already posted an answer. you can delete this

There's a difference between a i and an exclamation mark (!)

~DEV

ht-never: newly Now I realize that in their language just used an exclamation mark at the end, whereas in Spanish we use the two exclamation (¡!) susede with the same interrogation (¿?)...
If I came to update the graphics drivers,would make slower concerning the performance of my pc, we must make clear that my netbook does not have much memory and if I could not bear such upgrade.

¿what´s up? *Gus

That shouldn't be a problem. Graphics drivers usually improve performance.

BTW, for some reason I thought you were from Brazil, that's why I mentioned Portuguese. Hope you weren't offended!

33 (edited by NeverHacker 2014-05-23 15:42:21)

Haha my tongue is quite similar to the Portuguese but still are so different ... remember I am from saturn wink
  On the subject, I'm using Windows Update, is it correct? also I have mentioned the C cleaner and Avast

¿what´s up? *Gus

I'm not sure if Windows Update would download the appropriate drivers. I would recommend finding out if you have AMD, Nvidia or Intel graphics and downloading the drivers from their website, but there may be a better way that I'm not aware of (I do use Windows, but I'm a Linux user primarily).

NeverHacker wrote:

On the subject, I'm using Windows Update, is it correct?

I'm not a expert in terms of hardware but usually Windows Update doesn't update drivers related to the GPU.

~DEV

End of problem,I try updating the graphics drivers on my netbook and I happen to have the latest version of it, there is nothing more to do. Well, apparently I'll have to play with these graphic of Neverball 1.6 but it is still a very good game! Although I find some things I did not like:
-The red and blue coins have drawn their own value what I'd like to continue to keep his $ sign , that is half redundant, otherwise if they had written their value, why the yellow coins still have the financial sign? detail that bothers me a bit
-The vast majority of languages are not translations
  on the graphics I can not comment ...
  Above all else,a lot advanced  in reference to 1.5.4, which cost a lot of work and time. Good game smile

¿what´s up? *Gus

NeverHacker wrote:

The red and blue coins have drawn their own value what I'd like to continue to keep his $ sign , that is half redundant, otherwise if they had written their value, why the yellow coins still have the financial sign? detail that bothers me a bit.

It seems that it bothers someone else as well.

~DEV

NeverHacker wrote:

-The vast majority of languages are not translations

Are there any translations that appear to work?

Thanks for the feedback!

@NeverHacker

To improve the look of the goal in your screenshot, try editing the file neverballrc and changing the line aniso 0 to aniso 8.

@Elviz

Already edited the Neverballrc file, made no difference. What is supposed to do?

¿what´s up? *Gus

It improves the texture quality in cases like the one you depicted through the use of anisotropic filtering (if the graphics driver supports it). The option is described in more detail in doc\manual.txt.

http://s9.postimg.org/asvt6ugxr/aniso.png

I played through a few levels, and reshaun's putt course (was like 8 under before the last hole - DARNY DARN DARN!!!). Ended up over par.

The games both played splendidly on Win7 64bit. Didn't spot a single bug or glitch (but damn those new coin designs to HECK!)

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

I've finally published the Gaelic announcement. I waited a bit, because we had just released 0 A.D., and I didn't want the 2 games to overshadow each other.

Please feel free to grab the screenshots for the site if you want them.

Sweet!

Cheeseness wrote:

As mentioned on the site, there are the poster and video I created for introduce/remind people about the game (as well as rlk's great HMD focused video) just in case anybody hasn't seen them.

http://neverball.org/images/neverball_poster_1.6.0.png

Ezraluigi-

Cool!

parasti wrote:

You'll find a news announcement and the release notes over there, too.

When can we expect to get the Mac OS X intel based release ?

Thank you.

phil wrote:

When can we expect to get the Mac OS X intel based release ?

I'm not aware of any ongoing work on this, so probably never. To the best of my knowledge, the closest thing to Neverball 1.6.0 on OSX is Nuncabola.

Um i haven't see it on the news?????

lazy to add more level links.
I am a Neverball expert and I created bunch of levels.

thanks for all your work on neverball / neverput.
I played one of the first version of this game on windows xp and I am pleasantly surprised today to see the evolution and all these new levels