Topic: Neverball 1.6.0 is out

Go grab it from neverball.org!

You'll find a news announcement and the release notes over there, too.

Re: Neverball 1.6.0 is out

Yay!

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2109635/81813530.png

Two side notes:

• It weighs like 100MB less... How is it possible? yikes

• In the website I'm not credited for the Esperanto translation... lol, I'm being annoying. Forgive me.

~DEV

The download is smaller because the data is compressed to a ZIP file.

Sorry about the missing credit. Still need to figure out how to deal with translation credits from Transifex. I will be able to add you manually probably later today.

As mentioned on the site, there are the poster and video I created for introduce/remind people about the game (as well as rlk's great HMD focused video) just in case anybody hasn't seen them.

http://neverball.org/images/neverball_poster_1.6.0.png

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Awesome. Thanks, all.

Yes! I'm glad it's out! Now on to development of Neverball 1.6.1 (parasti's small changes) and 1.7 (to be released in five years). tongue

Anyway, it looks great!

Here are all of my level contributions. Please test and give constructive criticism.

parasti wrote:

Sorry about the missing credit. Still need to figure out how to deal with translation credits from Transifex. I will be able to add you manually probably later today.

If you're looking at attribution stuff, I would appreciate having both my names present on the contributors page again, thanks.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

What's preventing you from fixing that yourself, if you don't mind me asking?

I download it and does not work me! when I open it I appears as an exclamation mark hmm

¿what´s up? *Gus

Cool! Great stuff!

Runs smoothly on my Win7/64, yet I still have to find out the proper settings for me as an avid keyboard player. Already set joystick_response to 50 (as advised in the release notes) and increased  speed of camera #1 from 250 (was it also the old default?) to somewhere around 700. Also tried to regain previous ball control/behaviour by changing the values for rotation... Well, all of this helped a bit but still it's not the same feeling. Anyway I think it's something to get used to and in the end it will turn out to be/work even better for me big_smile

Obtw, after changing the speed of camera #1 to more than 500 the name of the camera (at least in German) doesn't appear correctly anymore at level's start - instead of "Verfolgungskamera" (i.e. "chase camera") it's just referred to as "Kamera 1" then.

Camera speed is not just a new setting, the underlying math changed, too. IIRC, a good approximation of the old behavior is to use a value of 500, but there's nothing really that will give you a perfect match.

Yes, the camera names are dynamic, based on the speed value. All of the cameras use the same math, the speed is what makes the difference. Set camera_1_speed to -1 and you have another manual camera, so it made more sense to label them dynamically.

parasti wrote:

IIRC, a good approximation of the old behavior is to use a value of 500

Thanks for the hint, I think I will stick with 500 and also increase rotation a little bit (350/200) to get a more "dynamic" feeling out of it.

parasti wrote:

Set camera_1_speed to -1 and you have another manual camera, so it made more sense to label them dynamically.

I have noticed that. And it makes perfect sense that you get another "lazy camera" when setting the speed of camera_1 to e.g. 50 - which is really lazy movement then. But there's no difference between speed of 500 and 501: both are fast chase-cameras, so I was asking myself why it changes from "chase camera" to just "camera 1" in this case

Just compiled source, looking good and running better than ever!

This game is badass folks, round of applause for everyone.  Although I do apologize for holding up the program right there at the end with all my bullshit.  Next time I'll be sure not to fall off the edge of the planet for 3 years and then rediscover the game 45 days before major release.  I wont make that mistake twice.

vidski wrote:

... Next time I'll be sure not to fall off the edge of the planet for 3 years and then rediscover the game 45 days before major release...

Next time, I would rather you polish your course right, instead of rushing it and messing something up.

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

well, yeah that certainly was the desired plan of action.  In my defense however, those lengthy periods of absence were 100% obligatory.  Had that not been the case, I quite possibly may have been able to toss in a second course as well.  Nonetheless, I just figured it would be better to squeeze in as much improvement as possible in 6 weeks, than to make no improvements at all. 

The course turned out alright though.  It's not perfect, and there definitely are some rough spots,  but I don't think it looks absolutely horrible either.

parasti wrote:

What's preventing you from fixing that yourself, if you don't mind me asking?

You never disclosed your reasoning for removing that information, and you've identified reverting commits as being hostile. I don't have time or motivation to deal with that, and it feels like it's going to sidestep a bunch of unpleasantness if you sort it out yourself.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

The authors.txt file contains contact details, which are relevant in case a particular person needs to be contacted, but which aren't appropriate to show in the credits due to privacy concerns. In the past at least two people have removed their forum usernames for this reason. So I didn't do it to spite you personally. If anyone does want their name to be shown, it's not my business to say otherwise. I do mind being asked to do something in a condescending and prejudicial manner.

Good thing nobody was being condescending or prejudicial then. Thanks for sorting it out smile

For future reference, I would prefer that my permission be obtained before changing the way in which attribution for my contributions is represented (and I would recommend extending that courtesy to others).

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Such great news \o/

Cheeseness wrote:

For future reference, I would prefer that my permission be obtained before changing the way in which attribution for my contributions is represented (and I would recommend extending that courtesy to others).

It had already been changed without permission back when the alias field was added.

parasti wrote:

It had already been changed without permission back when the alias field was added.

Yes, I know.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

The game still does not work me! What I'll be doing something wrong? there was no error in the download, which I find strange is that in the data folder there is only a file called data-1.6.0.pk3 Haci perhaps should not be, the applications does not work for me

¿what´s up? *Gus

Screenshot of the error?

I used these three applications...
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/s403x403/10389995_624972404265163_2998914083073588970_n.jpg
I execute, the next image appears.
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/s403x403/10409265_624973907598346_3360522678895598753_n.jpg
This is what is inside the  "data" folder
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/s403x403/10294477_624971824265221_1479855032290932444_n.jpg
Previously I was with this problem in other versions of neverball I downloaded.

¿what´s up? *Gus