Topic: Online curve tool ... with 3d preview

Here's a HTML5 canvas & javascript page that allows you to generate curves like the curve tool does: http://bilious.alt.org/~paxed/curve.js/

Drag with mouse to rotate the preview.

Re: Online curve tool ... with 3d preview

Nice work, paxed big_smile

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

This is very, very cool. Wish I had the drive to finally do a Radiant plugin, but this is the next best thing.

BTW, I notice there's no way to specify texturing?

parasti wrote:

This is very, very cool. Wish I had the drive to finally do a Radiant plugin, but this is the next best thing.

BTW, I notice there's no way to specify texturing?

I first thought of doing a radiant plugin, but didn't bother after trying to find the API docs was a near impossibility (and a mving target).

Yes, no texturing is shown, because I'm cheating - the code doesn't calculate the vertexes for the lumps, it just directly uses the plane points given by curve.

Although I could add the ability to define the textures, even though they wouldn't show up in the preview...

8-O
WOW!
standing ovation over here. I hope Dave manages to see this.
Thanks paxed! I love the rotation bit. Brilliant.

paxed wrote:

I first thought of doing a radiant plugin, but didn't bother after trying to find the API docs was a near impossibility (and a mving target).

I once turned the original curve.c into a plugin. I figured out the API from the other plugins. If I would ever do it again, I'd probably fork NetRadiant, implement it there and put up a build on neverball.org (labelled as a custom build or whatever).

Yes, no texturing is shown, because I'm cheating - the code doesn't calculate the vertexes for the lumps, it just directly uses the plane points given by curve.

Although I could add the ability to define the textures, even though they wouldn't show up in the preview...

Yeah, that would still be helpful. Otherwise it seems you still have to resort to invoking curve with the provided parameters or, worse, texturing it all manually.

I can't take credit for the rotation - I just slapped together some already existing stuff.

The page now allows setting the textures (although only a limited set is there), and saves the selections to a cookie.

Nice, though I was thinking of an input box, since listing them all would be both impractical and wouldn't cover custom materials anyway. I guess that's not doable for whatever reason?

parasti wrote:

Nice, though I was thinking of an input box, since listing them all would be both impractical and wouldn't cover custom materials anyway. I guess that's not doable for whatever reason?

Updated. I think it now has the best of both worlds... You can either type in the texture name manually, or pick from a drop down.

Woahhhhhhhhhh!!!

http://www.ghettocrafters.com/uploads/awesome.jpg

Wonderful, paxed! Earlier this month, I was considering publishing a similar front-end of my own to this section as well. I may still consider it, but I will need to give it some more pep before doing so

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)

Totally sweet! Wish I could've come up with something like this. Nice work, paxed!

awesome!

Download my level sets: My First Level Set
Download my level sets: My Second Level Set
Come to my page  Mexico Level Set