1 (edited by parasti 2018-06-19 20:51:29)

Topic: Setting up NetRadiant/GtkRadiant

Up to date setup instructions are available.

There's also mapping documentation on Github that's slightly less up to date.

Re: Setting up NetRadiant/GtkRadiant

A few days ago I finally managed to make NetRadiant work on Windows and this thread reminded me that I had a few things to ask.

Textures are not getting loaded. The program works nicely (Even with the desktop compositions! yikes) but the console says this:

Unable to find default tag file F:/Applicazioni/NetRadiant/neverball.game/shadertags.xml. No tag support.

Where F:/Applicazioni/NetRadiant should be the folder that I installed the program in. I installed the NeverballPack and it looks fine. What should I do? hmm

~DEV

Ignore it, it doesn't matter and I get it too. What do you mean by textures not getting loaded? If the confirmation step worked, you should have a "mtrl" entry in the texture browser. Double click it to load the materials.

4 (edited by ht-never 2014-01-31 16:09:59)

I am really confused about where to find the 'mtrl' entry because the program does't have a 'texture' menu, just like GtkRadiant. If you mean that with 'texture browser', then I don't have a mtrl entry.

http://s27.postimg.org/b30ypsmjn/Capture.png

~DEV

Did the confirmation step work, as I described? I can't help you if you didn't follow the guide. This is what it is supposed to look like. There's no extra configuration, this is on a new computer, just doing the steps I have listed.

http://i.imgur.com/2bhh49n.png

If the confirmation worked, you might want to reinstall Radiant, making sure to delete the NetRadiant settings folder in %APPDATA%.

The program crashes if I try to 'Compile and play'.

~DEV

It seems that your engine path is wrong or maybe you have set it to the wrong Neverball installation. Maybe you didn't get the prompt at the start? In that case, open Edit->Preferences->Settings->Paths and set it to the correct location. I currently have it set to "C:/Users/parasti/Downloads/neverball-nightly/". Restart Radiant after changing it.

8 (edited by ht-never 2014-01-31 17:36:20)

I fixed the problem. I had "F:\Neverball\" instead of "F:/Neverball/".

EDIT: The program still crases if I try to compile, but at least Textures are showing up.

~DEV

It should not crash. If it does, you still have a problem.

Could someone PLEASE point me to the Neverball gamepack?! I cannot find it anywhere with Google.

Also, the GtkRadiant nightly-builds page is NO MORE. I may have to upload a copy of the Godfather build of 1.5.0, as I think it is now not available. There is ONE other 1.5.0 build available tho.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

themacmeister wrote:

Could someone PLEASE point me to the Neverball gamepack?! I cannot find it anywhere with Google.

It's included in the Neverball distribution. If you download the nightly build linked to in parasti's post, you'll find it under neverball-nightly\NeverballPack.

Should that part be clarified? I thought it was pretty clear, personally, but I don't mind suggestions on rewording/clarification.

themacmeister wrote:

Also, the GtkRadiant nightly-builds page is NO MORE. I may have to upload a copy of the Godfather build of 1.5.0, as I think it is now not available. There is ONE other 1.5.0 build available tho.

BTW, please don't post that stuff on this thread. The gamepack isn't made for GtkRadiant and more than likely doesn't work with it. The point of this guide is to document the recommended way of setting stuff up. Pushing GtkRadiant and Quake 3 cruft goes against that, so I'd rather not see any of that in this thread.

13 (edited by NeverHacker 2014-02-03 01:53:41)

I did exactly every step but did not work sad
  The program stops working when Habro neverball in the game menu.

¿what´s up? *Gus

I don't know what "Habro neverball in the game menu" means. Can you post a screenshot? Can you also post a screenshot of the crash report? Also, post your OS version (version and 32-bit or 64-bit?) and the exact link to the NetRadiant download that you used.

Anyone else getting crashes? At this point I still have no idea if these are installation-related crashes or something else.

I made a huge progress these days and NetRadiant no more crashes at the opening. Textures show up and desktop compositions work nicely.

However, I still get crashes if

• I select and rotate stuff.

• I load maps that I made with GtkRadiant.

• I try to use the compiling tools.

~DEV

16 (edited by NeverHacker 2014-02-03 17:52:48)

Windows 7 professional 32-bits
download link:http://ingar.satgnu.net/gtkradiant/file … -win32.zip

here is the problem
1)
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1743727_572102362875588_1740220747_n.jpg
2)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1507800_572102462875578_1492698181_n.jpg
3)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1654052_572102522875572_1062310228_n.jpg
4)
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1/1779079_572102562875568_1147316400_n.jpg

This is the other problem my other netradiant
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1888442_572102689542222_1855746949_n.jpg

¿what´s up? *Gus

ht-never wrote:

I made a huge progress these days and NetRadiant no more crashes at the opening.

You never said it crashes at startup. Please post your solution.

18 (edited by ht-never 2014-02-04 13:42:28)

It seems that the problem is the 32bit package. When I switched to the 64 bit version (Luckily I run a 64-bit Windows) it stopped crashing. I should be able to use both the packages, but the 32-bit one doesn't work.

We shall wait for more users who run Windows besides me and NeverHacker to confirm this.

~DEV

ht-never wrote:

It seems that the problem is the 32bit package.

I use the 32-bit build on Windows 7 on two different machines and don't have that issue.

I made a NetRadiant build of my own. Let me know if it makes any difference. I already know that the rendering is broken. I'm interested in whether the crashes keep occurring.

http://icculus.org/neverball/netradiant-20140207.zip

(NeverballPack is already included in it.)

Nice. Is this something you're intending to continue with? (I think we discussed distributing our own NetRadiant builds in the past)

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

22 (edited by ht-never 2014-02-07 14:02:18)

Good news. I downloaded and tested the build you made and it works nicely. As for the bugs I posted:

• The program no longer crashes when I select and rotate stuff.

• There is no problem on loading maps that I have made with GtkRadiant.

• The compiling tool works and a valid sol is produced. However, the "build&play" option just launches Neverball without actually loading the map.

EDIT: Actually, the build&play tools work if I save the map in the default folder, which is /data/maps but it keeps telling me that the connection has timed out, even if the level is perfectly playable.

~DEV

ht-never wrote:

Actually, the build&play tools work if I save the map in the default folder, which is /data/maps but it keeps telling me that the connection has timed out, even if the level is perfectly playable.

I addressed both of these things in my first post. That's why I recommend saving to Documents\My Games\Neverball-dev\. Neverball won't load the map unless it is in one of the recognized locations, the other one being the data directory. Ignore the BSP monitoring warning. Radiant treats the invocation of neverball.exe as a build command just like mapc.exe, so it mistakenly expects a new connection to be made.

I tested with the netradiant that has Parasti, but it did not work. I've noticed that when you open any of the netradiant, a poster of windows saying that the program is running is not compatible with certain visual elements of windows.

¿what´s up? *Gus

NeverHacker wrote:

I tested with the netradiant that has Parasti, but it did not work.

What didn't work?

NeverHacker wrote:

I've noticed that when you open any of the netradiant, a poster of windows saying that the program is running is not compatible with certain visual elements of windows.

That message is harmless. Just ignore it. Is that the only thing that "doesn't work"?