Topic: Feature request: Language selection menu

Since I tried & failed compiling the code, it would be great if someone else could take this on.

Detect locale is fine as a preselection only. Most normal users don't know what a locale is, let alone how to change it. Since I have translated into a minority language, this is a huge problem. There are no operating systems that come with Scottish Gaelic as default locale. So, we need a menu option, or nobody will be able to use my translation.

Re: Feature request: Language selection menu

I am sure this was previously chatted about, but I can't recall when nor where.

Anyway... as the Esperanto translator I would totally like this feature.

~DEV

Check out #28. This is getting merged soon, the pull request is just to remind me to give it a second look. I can't be bothered to make Windows builds, though.

What this means for translators:

There's a second file you have to add for every new translation: data/lang/<code>.txt. (Same code as the PO file.) It should contain the name of the language in English (as "name1") and in that particular language (as "name2"). I added files for all of the existing translations, but only with name1 entries. You will have to add the name2 entry yourself.

4 (edited by GunChleoc 2013-11-04 16:30:09)

Thanks for implementing this smile

parasti wrote:

You will have to add the name2 entry yourself.

Done. I stole the Chinese ones from Wesnoth and got the rest off http://multidict.net which is a reliable source smile

Post's attachments

lang.zip 3.19 kb, 78 downloads since 2013-11-04 

Wow! That is awesome, thanks.

I added your files to the pull request. (Had to do a tiny bit of cleanup to remove some excess spaces and BOMs.)

6 (edited by ht-never 2013-11-04 17:41:40)

Just a little thing: 简体中文 means "Simplified Chinese" in Simplified Chinese. If you want to write just "Chinese" in simplified chinese you just write 中文 (Zhōngwén).

"Chinese" in traditional chinese is 漢語 (Hànyǔ).

~DEV

Gave it a second look and merged it.