Re: Neverball is on Github!

parasti wrote:

E.g., "audio" isn't useful, as the existing "audio" related issues actually touch entirely different parts of the code base.

That example was meant to refer to assets more than code ^_^

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

With things on GitHub in full swing, I think the NeverTrac link in the forum header could now be replaced with a link to the Neverball page on GitHub.

On a more technical note...

While .gitattributes contains EOL handling rules for all files in data (except for textures/mtrl.shader) and *.txt in general, there are still a lot of other text-based files in the repository, most notably the *.c, *.h and *.cpp ones. Should those be covered as well?

Elviz wrote:

While .gitattributes contains EOL handling rules for all files in data (except for textures/mtrl.shader) and *.txt in general, there are still a lot of other text-based files in the repository, most notably the *.c, *.h and *.cpp ones. Should those be covered as well?

I added only the files where it made sense that someone would open and edit them in Notepad. Nobody should really be editing source code in Notepad. mtrl.shader would be a good candidate but nobody has touched that file for 10 years, so I just didn't care. OBJs were added because they are prone to automated text manipulation, unlike SVGs. The conversion wasn't meant to be all-inclusive, just practical.

Elviz wrote:

With things on GitHub in full swing, I think the NeverTrac link in the forum header could now be replaced with a link to the Neverball page on GitHub.

I took the liberty of making this adjustment, called it "NeverGit". Any objections or better ideas on the link text are welcome.

tonesfrommars wrote:

Any objections or better ideas on the link text are welcome.

How about Github? I'd prefer people to know what it is when they skim the navigation bar.

Agreed, done!

I noticed that the old SVN repository is shut down, and I forgot to save a local copy of my Freeland Easy levels >.<

Is there a backup somewhere?

~DEV

Freeland-Extras.zip

But the old SVN repo is still available, anyway.

Thank you.

~DEV

35 (edited by kadath 2015-03-08 02:04:05)

Developers:

I've made a pull request for my patch to Neverputt alowing the <tab> key to call the fall out routine taking the penalty, and continuing without exiting the game, if the ball is in perpetual motion or unplayable.

There are a number of other pull requests as well...
Is there any chance someone could take a look and merge them soon? 

parasti wrote:

We're now using Git for source control. The converted repository with an entirely rewritten and cleaned up commit history is on Github:

Tried to add ray tracing

Sorry, but why in this resource I have not quite correctly executed command, if I use a proxy to access them. I do not know what it can be connected, but these things happened to me. Could just be a coincidence.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. What are you trying to access with a proxy?