Topic: Love the neverputt

I am not sure if I ever will tackle making levels for the neverputt.  Just seems the game has a lot to offer the public and it's hard to believe coders are not eating it up with new levels.  MY hands are pretty much tied trying to learn css and html. But anyways...

jambalaya happens to be one of my favorites, and I just recently reinstalled the neverball/neverputt on a new computer.  I went looking for my new levels and came across the jambalaya.  The only way I could get this game to work is for some reason it would not play on my windows 7 unless I removed both the htholese.zip and the htholesh.zip  I don't know why.  Well I got to goofing off on the new computer and unzipped all of the files and put them in the folder (I forgot not to unzip them) and I am back to square one again jambalaya won't load into the game.  I have tried everything.  except for removing the other two mentioned files above.  They just happen to be mixed up with the other levels too.  So is this a compatibility issue with the other two levels or what?  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall neverball?  Your help is much appreciated.

Re: Love the neverputt

weebit wrote:

The only way I could get this game to work is for some reason it would not play on my windows 7 unless I removed both the htholese.zip and the htholesh.zip  I don't know why.

1. This is weird. Do my levels work?
2. What OS are you working with?
3. What Neverball build are you playing with?
4. What source did you download my levels and Gold Jambalaya?

I have just given a look to its package and it looks weird. Plus, it's a RAR file. hmm

The only thing to do is waiting for vidski.

~DEV

ht-never wrote:
weebit wrote:

The only way I could get this game to work is for some reason it would not play on my windows 7 unless I removed both the htholese.zip and the htholesh.zip  I don't know why.

1. This is weird. Do my levels work?
2. What OS are you working with?
3. What Neverball build are you playing with?
4. What source did you download my levels and Gold Jambalaya?

I have just given a look to its package and it looks weird. Plus, it's a RAR file. hmm

The only thing to do is waiting for vidski.

1. yes your levels work I believe I am not quite sure the name of them in the game though.
2. still on windows 7
3. 1.5.4
4. here on this website and the Jambalaya is named golf_jambalaya.zip  did not see a gold one.  Is that the problem?

I tested Jambalaya with both Neverball 1.5.4 and r3898, and it works. Are you sure it has something to do with my levels? hmm

~DEV

I am pretty sure but you have to remember I am on Windows and pretty much anything can break on Windows.  Especially if you are overdo headaches/crashes/bluescreens/etc  Windows just wont have a tranquil experience everyday 24/7.  hmm   Maybe I should just uninstall and reinstall?

@weebit:

It sounds like you are still using the original golf jambalaya. I conducted a major overhaul of the course, which should be compatible with 1.5.4.
HERE is a link to the post which explains the situation and also has an archive attachment which you should download and try to use.

Let me know here if I am mistaken.

Tonesfrommars wrote:

It sounds like you are still using the original golf jambalaya. I conducted a major overhaul of the course, which should be compatible with 1.5.4.

@weebit: The package that tones made works for both 1.5.4 and r3898. Try with it.

~DEV

Do I need to move files around or anything because I put the zip file in the folder and it did not work, so I unzipped it, and it still does not work.    I think it hates me!   hmm