Topic: Neverputt ideas...

Hi guys....

As my friend and I are continuing to play rounds and rounds of Neverputt, we've come up with a couple of ideas that would help make the game more workable/enjoyable.

1. There appears to be some bugs that cause the ball to either go up in the air (and keeps going,) or it won't stop (thereby preventing the next player from taking his turn,) or some other strange position which results in the same, the game not able to continue. What would help is to create a kind of bypass option (an assignable key) that would force the ball to be placed at the nearest stable position or the last position that the ball was "putted" from. This way the game could continue without having to start over.

2. It would be great to be able to play individual maps (or holes) within courses by themselves (without having to play the entire course.) Perhaps a separate button and window could be created that would list all the the individual Neverputt maps (or holes) available to play.

I'm not sure how much coding would be involved in making these changes but I think they would very helpful for the game. smile

Regards...

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all!

Re: Neverputt ideas...

hey ardvark, idea 2 is not a bad idea at all.

smile

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

themacmeister wrote:

hey ardvark, idea 2 is not a bad idea at all.

smile

Thank you! smile

Any thoughts among the developers? Any way of getting these features added to the game?

At one point you could type a number and jump directly to that hole. I just tried that in a recent build to no avail.

tonesfrommars wrote:

At one point you could type a number and jump directly to that hole. I just tried that in a recent build to no avail.

Hi...

Did the code for that change for some reason?

Regards...

ardvark wrote:
tonesfrommars wrote:

Did the code for that change for some reason?

Generally these things only exist for debug purposes (even if they are unintentionally useful beyond that). Whilst I'm not certain that a not-so-obvious cheat is the solution to this, I do feel there's potential value in smaller Neverputt play experiences. 18 holes is a medium to large time commitment depending on how many players you have, and observation and some of our Desura reviews hint that many approach Neverputt as a more casual game.

Maybe there's scope for two or four hole sets?

(obliquely, this reminds me that I'd really like to revisit Vidski's random putt level stuff)

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Cheeseness wrote:

Vidski's random putt level stuff

You mean Paxed's?

parasti wrote:
Cheeseness wrote:

Vidski's random putt level stuff

You mean Paxed's?

Err yes. My bad >_<

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Cheeseness wrote:

Maybe there's scope for two or four hole sets?

That would be an improvement as long as all the holes are offered. smile

Regards...

11 (edited by vidski 2013-08-31 05:40:42)

Ohh man the frustrations I forced upon myself before I discovered the "jump to hole" ability. An absolute must for putt mapping/lvl testing.  I remember just making 18 one-hole courses.  it was a vicious mess.

Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with the the newer revisions. As usual Parasti came through right on time adding compile and test run right from netradiant, and as usual, I vow to get back in it and then fall off the edge of the planet for a  year.

I do like this idea of 5 or 6 hole lvl sets. A decent 18 hole course take  f..o..r..e..v..e..r to build. Sometimes you get a few lvls in and then it's just, screw it. This happened to me last year in fact. I had started work on "Golf-of-Mexico" ...intended to be an easier course with a sort of tropical theme. Made the first 2 holes and began the 3rd when I started to drift off course. (lol...nice)
That being said, if everyone is cool with smaller sets or maybe even a joint mapping  effort,  that's a tough deal to pass up. Especially since rotating feature added. That opens up so many new design concepts that would have been ultra sketchy, if even possible at all with old versions.

12 (edited by ardvark 2013-09-02 00:31:10)

Hi Vidski...

Your concept sounds pretty cool and a cute play on words ta boot. smile

Yeah, I would be fine with a smaller set of this, if everyone else is. It should be interesting.

Regards...

13 (edited by Challenge Space Yard 2013-09-13 03:52:50)

A tropical themed Neverputt course? My interest sparked. I look forward to seeing it grow.

@tones: As of Trunk R3953, I am still able to instantly jump with the ENTER key

Welcome... to the Nevergalaxy!
(and also Neverputt Calendar)