Topic: Individual translation of "Yes" and "no"

I have run into a problem with my translation to Scottish Gaelic. The language doesn't have a word for "Yes" or "No" as such. I translated it with "On" and "Off" for now, but there is one place in the game where this doesn't work. Since these two words don't come up as often, it would be really great if someone could take the time to program it so we can have separate translations for them.

Re: Individual translation of "Yes" and "no"

That's interesting, I wasn't aware languages like that existed. I've committed a potential solution. I opted to remove all usage of Yes/No type responses and use more specific responses. Let me know of any problems with that.

3 (edited by GunChleoc 2012-12-06 17:42:44)

Thanks for that! Can you help this compiling noob to get a Windows build, so I can test for string length?

Our Windows build are cross-compiled from Linux... I didn't manage to build it from Windows.

~DEV

I'll put up a Windows build soonish.

Thanks for the build, I have upated my translation in the appropriate thread. smile

Another thing that would be really great to have is a language choice in the options, so people won't have to deal with building bat files.

Here's an interesting blog about automatic locale detection and the problems that go with it:

http://akerbeltzalba.wordpress.com/2011 … hellspawn/

Yeah, I absolutely don't need to be convinced. Language selection is a good idea.

It's just a matter of getting around to it.

Thanks for looking into it smile