Re: Nokia N900?

Nice video, good framerates (considering NB fps).

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Looks excellent! And looks like NP is a good game for mobile devices gameplay-wise smile .

BTW, I have a random nitpick about the release policy for the Maemo package. I had a similar issue with the iPhone/IPod port of 1.4.0.

I really don't appreciate custom builds hijacking our version numbers. Neverball 1.5.5 (which is how the Maemo package apparently calls itself) is a designation reserved for an official release that has not happened yet. It is confusing to suggest that the port is based on 1.5.5. Instead I recommend using a notion that makes it clear that it is based on a snapshot of development code, for example, by using an SVN revision number (perhaps combined with the latest released version which was 1.5.4).

(As a side note, adding to the confusion is the fact that 1.5.5 will never be released. The next version will warrant a version bump to 1.6.0.)

@ parasti:  +1

mardy, how does the nokia do with golf jambalaya? towards the end there are some big elaborate high-lump count holes.

parasti wrote:

I really don't appreciate custom builds hijacking our version numbers. Neverball 1.5.5 (which is how the Maemo package apparently calls itself) is a designation reserved for an official release that has not happened yet. It is confusing to suggest that the port is based on 1.5.5. Instead I recommend using a notion that makes it clear that it is based on a snapshot of development code, for example, by using an SVN revision number (perhaps combined with the latest released version which was 1.5.4).

Good point! I'll follow your suggestion. :-)

parasti wrote:

BTW, I have a random nitpick about the release policy for the Maemo package...

Is it all right if the "custom builds" take their own version numbering scheme? E.g. starting at 1.0 and onwards?

gjtorikian wrote:

Is it all right if the "custom builds" take their own version numbering scheme? E.g. starting at 1.0 and onwards?

Not really, but it depends. This is the issue I had with the iPhone port. If I do a Google search right now, the first result for "Neverball 1.0" is a review of the iPhone port. Surprisingly, the port is not based on the actual Neverball 1.0 release, it is based on 1.4, but it has permanently contaminated the search results for 1.0. I say "it depends" because if it had actually been called something like "Neverball ME 1.0" (i.e, a simple extension to the name), this would probably not be a problem. Ideally though it would be nice if ports accurately represented which version they are based on.

parasti wrote:
gjtorikian wrote:

Not really, but it depends. This is the issue I had with the iPhone port. If I do a Google search right now, the first result for "Neverball 1.0" is a review of the iPhone port. Surprisingly, the port is not based on the actual Neverball 1.0 release, it is based on 1.4, but it has permanently contaminated the search results for 1.0. I say "it depends" because if it had actually been called something like "Neverball ME 1.0" (i.e, a simple extension to the name), this would probably not be a problem. Ideally though it would be nice if ports accurately represented which version they are based on.

Yeah, sorry about that sad

The official neverputt I released was "Neverputt ME 1.4.1" though.  The iPhone neverball release never saw an official release at all.  It was just a "can it be done" exercise.  My bad, sorry

Pet movers, eh? Could this be SPAM?

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

35 (edited by dtb 2011-09-06 08:07:11)

johnnilson wrote:

I have a lot about this smart phone.Its a kind of computer phone with 5 megapixel camera.

...somehow lacking in content and not quite contributing to this thread, so either bad google translation or spam

yes, i think this he is a dirty spammer

~DEV

hi ht,

we said it nearly the same time...

yes, you're right!

~DEV