Topic: NB 1.5 Tour de Force level 20 - sweet replay!

I just made a sweet replay of level 20 - with a technique that I knew was possible, but I'd never been able to do it before!

The current record is 33.51, and a few days ago I submitted a 29.09 (slight improvement) still awaiting validation.

After many attempts with a different technique, I have a new replay that is 15.80! Yee-haw!

Re: NB 1.5 Tour de Force level 20 - sweet replay!

Anxious to see it!

It's very possible that I tried it a lot of times myself big_smile

Okay, when I reviewed the old 1.4 table, I saw that mym and hexxlor had gotten much lower times in the 15 second range, so I had to set my sights even higher... It took me over an hour of trying, but I got the ultimate TDF 20 record : 13.96 seconds!

Great! I'm always positively shocked when 1.4.0 records are beaten, because for the most part they've been there for such a long time and many people have tried to improve them and try out faster techniques. The 29' replay was already very cool, have you submitted the new one already - or do you require someone to beat your current record until you reveal it big_smile?

I don't want to condone piracy, but I just downloaded and watched King of King, and it reminded me very much of nue's comment. A great movie, even if you are not into retro video gaming.

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

???

I didn't find any movie called "King of King" - did you mean "King of Kings" (wikipedia link)? Most likely not.

And I don't have even the slightest idea what you could mean smile.

nue wrote:

or do you require someone to beat your current record until you reveal it big_smile?

No, I just forgot to upload it. Fixing that now...

@nue, I think mm is referring to "King of Kong" WIKI
I've heard it's great.

Dave.. these replays are astonishing.
the last one is sick, how many times did you have to try for that?

It took me about an hour after doing the 15.80 second run. I got a couple that were faster than 15.80, but since I could tell it was possible to get below 15, I didn't stop until I got under 15 seconds. I was very stoked when I saw that it was actually under 14 as well!