Re: Nuncabola

o_O
Are you sure it used Java 7? I'm pretty skeptical. I heard that lwjgl is broken on Java 7 on Mac.

Mac OS X Xcode project & package maintainer.

If you have some Neverball related files you need hosted somewhere, please send a me forum PM/email.

Well, apparently the Minecraft developers commissioned a guy with Mac knowledge to fix the problem, and the code he came up with is currently being reviewed by the LWJGL team. See the corresponding thread in the LWJGL forum. There is a test build of a branch containing that code, and I assume that that's where themacmeister got his latest Mac binary from.

353 (edited by themacmeister 2012-11-03 00:15:46)

I guarantee that it was Oracle JAVA 7 on OS X Lion !!

Also tested with Oracle JAVA 7 on Win7 64 bit -- launched from Command Prompt with same flags as BAT file -- working PERFECTLY!!! GREAT WORK!

Also tested on AMD Radeon HD 7750, no GUI problems...

...nightly .dll file NOT replaced with 1.48, still works great on Java7!

PS. might be time to update that BAT command. It has never worked for me, and I do a default location install of Java?!

Currently Playing:
Celeste and Electronic Super Joy

Was the GUI thingy actually fixed by Elviz's changes or by your Java experiments? (I.e, did you test them separately?)

355 (edited by themacmeister 2012-11-03 11:29:41)

I tested them separately, both running Java 7 tho. The previous version was buggy with multiple Catalyst drivers, so thought it was driver related, obviously not now...

Currently Playing:

356 (edited by Elviz 2013-08-29 21:19:11)

Nuncabola 0.149

• Updated Windows batch file to fix path problem on 64-bit systems

• Controllers: Work around LWJGL not filtering out duplicate axis events

• Allow .pk3 filename extension for zip files (Neverball r3878)

• Upgraded to LWJGL 2.8.5

Nuncabola 0.150

• Ported teleportation change (Neverball r3884-r3885)

• Add "Back" button to empty replay list screen (Neverball r3879)

Nuncabola 0.151

• During teleportation, don't interpolate ball and view between the before-jump and after-jump states

• After entering a teleporter, wait until the next update before starting to increment the client-side teleportation timer (this matches the server state more closely)

Nuncabola 0.152

• Modified teleportation timing (Neverball r3889)

• Code refactoring (adopted a Neverball-like system in which the initial state of the dynamic level data is included in the static level data)

Nuncabola 0.153

• Replaced "Yes/No" button labels (Neverball r3893)

Nuncabola 0.154

• Added a page indicator to the level set list and replay list screens (Neverball r3880)

• Replaced "Prev/Next" button labels with arrows (Neverball r3887)

• Implemented a new algorithm for widget traversal (prompted by the inability to use Left/Right to move between the new arrow buttons in the replay list screen)

Nuncabola 0.155-0.159

Nuncabola 0.160

Nuncabola 0.161

Nuncabola 0.162-0.165

• Data folder update (<= Neverball r3923)

• Code refactoring (gave up on const emulation in the core.math and core.color classes)

Nuncabola 0.166

• Experimental change: Turn on anisotropic filtering by default

• Data folder update – includes rlk's Rift ball (<= Neverball-hmd r3952)

• Updated DejaVu font to v2.34

Is this project still in development?

Here are all of my level contributions. Please test and give constructive criticism.

ed49 wrote:

Is this project still in development?

Yes.

Nuncabola 0.167-0.170

great answer to "is this project still in development?" smile

Currently Playing:

Elviz wrote:

minus the Octocat ball since I'm not sure the license granted to Neverball extends to Nuncabola)

Unfortunately, I was stupid and didn't save a copy of the message I sent out via GitHub's support contact form, and since the permission was to use the Octocat ball in the way I outlined, I can't dig up the actual terms.

I've contacted GitHub to ask if I can get that forwarded back through to me and will post back with clarification. Thanks for the indirect nudge there - I hadn't quite realised that we'd ended up in this situation smile

Update: I got a copy of the original message back. It refers to Octocat being used in a bonus ball in Neverball and seeks permission to include it in "the game". I'd say that the permission we've received only covers Neverball itself.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Cheeseness wrote:

Thanks for the indirect nudge there - I hadn't quite realised that we'd ended up in this situation smile

The nudge was indeed of the most indirect sort, since it wasn't even intentional. Your research confirms what I had suspected. It's not a big deal, though—the Octocat ball works in Nuncabola, too, all a player has to do is grab the necessary files from somewhere and put them in the user data directory alongside any other extensions.

Elviz wrote:

Your research confirms what I had suspected.

It wasn't really ever my intention to create something that would separate Neverball and Nuncabola's assets (it wasn't until after it was done that I realised I was creating a non-free asset), and in some ways, this is disappointing. I figure, what better way to deal with that disappointment than by creating something that fits with Neverball/Nuncabola's GPL2 licence to "fill the gap".

Whilst I'd love to see this implemented upstream if it feels right, here's something made for Nuncabola inspired by your work. Would love to see the "thrusters" rotating someday smile

http://i.imgur.com/pxbD92J.png

It has a few rough edges (most notably seeing the interior backfaces through the "glass"), and maybe the positioning and behaviour of the "poof"). Happy to take feedback.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

yikes

This is a really cool idea that I, for one, didn't see coming. Funny, too! And as with your other balls, it's also expertly crafted. Mad props to you, Cheeseness.

But hey, do you know how hard it is to actually play the UFO level while using the UFO ball? tongue

Cheeseness wrote:

Would love to see the "thrusters" rotating someday smile

I have a feeling it won't be long until that's possible...

Elviz wrote:

But hey, do you know how hard it is to actually play the UFO level while using the UFO ball? tongue

I think that's why I'm falling off in that screenshot big_smile

I have a feeling it won't be long until that's possible...

Yup ^_^

Edit: parasti noticed that the poof blends awfully with other transparent entities. I added alpha-test 0.15 into the worldspawn entity which cleans that up nicely and still allows the glass to be rendered properly.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

http://uppgarn.com/files/nuncabola/screenshot17-tn.png http://uppgarn.com/files/nuncabola/screenshot18-tn.png

Nuncabola 0.171

Cheeseness wrote:

Edit: parasti noticed that the poof blends awfully with other transparent entities. I added alpha-test 0.15 into the worldspawn entity which cleans that up nicely and still allows the glass to be rendered properly.

Note that with the recent alpha-test change, all alpha testing now happens at the material level. For now, I've added a local poof-blue material and included the necessary alpha-test directive.

Elviz wrote:

[Note that with the recent alpha-test change, all alpha testing now happens at the material level. For now, I've added a local poof-blue material and included the necessary alpha-test directive.

Thanks for that ^_^

Do you have SCM for Nuncabola? If I want to throw more changes to the UFO ball at you, what's your preferred way to receive those contributions?

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Cheeseness wrote:

Do you have SCM for Nuncabola?

Not currently.

If I want to throw more changes to the UFO ball at you, what's your preferred way to receive those contributions?

Carrier pigeon.

More seriously, just update the zip file you've already linked to, and maybe drop me a quick PM. Thanks in advance! smile

Elviz wrote:

Carrier pigeon.

More seriously, just update the zip file you've already linked to, and maybe drop me a quick PM. Thanks in advance! smile

Pigeon sent. Feed Mr Ruffles when he arrives.

* Turned off backfaces, which means that sadly the cockpit dome loses its lovely two sidedness, but in exchange, the ship itself doesn't go transparent on us.
* The "thrusters" now rotate (if you've got SOL rotation support) and has a smooth gradient rather than reusing the old rainbow material.

Cheese
==========
cheesetalks.net

Nuncabola 0.172

• Added support for moving bodies in renderer SOLs – the toy train in the snowglobe ball runs around its track now (Neverball 2014-05-02)

• Data folder update – includes catseye ball and new versions of the volcano background and UFO ball (Neverball 2014-05-13)

Found that using the keyboard on Name entry does double-entry of characters. It may occur elsewhere, but most noticeable on Name entry screen. btw. Mouse entry is fine.

???

Currently Playing:

themacmeister wrote:

Found that using the keyboard on Name entry does double-entry of characters.

Is this on Linux? I could see it happening if the OS and/or LWJGL report a typed character even for key-up events. You would get one character when you press a key and another when releasing the key again. Could you try the latest build and check whether the problem is fixed?

Nuncabola 0.173

• Made character processing in text entry screens more restrictive

Mac OS X Mavericks :-(

Also I think I tested it on Windows, but cannot be sure of that.

Currently Playing:

Nuncabola 0.174

• Ensure all GUIs fit on the screen when using a portrait-size window

• Removed support for mouse wheel motion bindings (Neverball 2013-10-07)

• Increased resolution of coin texture to 256x256

Thanks for fixing that keyboard name entry bug. That was the fastest fix in history.

Currently Playing: