Topic: Freestyle replay management
With 1.5, we'll have a lot of potential replays for the freestyle category.
Moreover, with the great promotion we'll do for our game, we'll certainly have a great increase of the player community ^^
Deciding which freestyle replays should be kept is not always trivial, in opposition to best time and most coins replays where a new replay beats *or* do not beats the previous one.
The current condition used and defined on the conditions page of the Nevertable is:
for "free style", the replay must be either lucky, unlucky or acrobatic and be different from the existing ones.
Considering dozens of replays can be done for each type (lucky, unlucky or acrobatic) and for each level, we may get a *huge* amount of replays to manage and to offer to players around the world.
(With currently 141 levels, and taking a fair number of 5 replays for each type, this leads to more than 2000 freestyle replays, a number which could be even greater.)
For us (me?) this will imply a huge work, and for players this will flood them when they look for interesting replays on the table.
Moreover, having a single moderator will tired him, while having several moderators will imply some organisation as moderators have to well know already uploaded replays in order to prevent the coexistence of similar replays (using the same trick).
I think we have to think about this issue before launching 1.5, otherwise we'll be overwhelmed.
Currently I see 2 solutions (please give me your opinion, your other solutions):
1. being very exigent in the quality of freestyle replays (but hard to assess)
2. moving the freestyle contest management to players themselves (they upload replays on their own account of the table)
* could be a guarentee of quality of our table
* but will be hard to manage.
* may imply more free space on shino's server
* may be improved using a voting system, in order to highlight best freestyle replays
* shino has already work on personal replays (if I remember well)